• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. E

Lichfield Street, Birmingham

That is brilliant, thank you so much. It looks like a couple of generations of my family were in the street through the 1800s so everyone's stories on here are really interesting.
  2. E

Lichfield Street, Birmingham

I hope someone might be able to help me - I have a relative as being listed in the trades at no.42 Lichfield Street in 1820/30 as a Victualler- so I'm either looking for a pub or shop selling alcohol. I've got a big list of pubs in this road but I can't narrow it down any further (I have found...
  3. E

Death Certificate Details Required.

Snap, that's the John Marklew I'm related to! He and Mary had a daughter Emma, who is my Great, great, great grandmother!
  4. E

Death Certificate Details Required.

This has been fascinating, thank you all for your Marklew contributions - I am discovering that I am related to Edward and Susannah, Ann and Edward & co, so thanks for sharing all of your stories, I love the assassination connection!
  5. E

Crown Inn, Lower Tower Street. Birmingham.

I also have relatives who are listed as being there in the 1870s, so thanks for bringing it up on this forum!