• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

1800s Occupation

Super! Thanks
  2. B

1800s Occupation

Was that from a newspaper in 1800s?
  3. B

1800s Occupation

That could very well be it Pedrocut ! I had to look that up to see if it could be a fit. And it seems it does, as he worked in Iron through the rest of his life. "These passed flat bars between rolls to form a plate of iron, which was then passed between grooved rolls (slitters) to produce rods...
  4. B

1800s Occupation

My great, great-grandfather's occupation on his marriage certificate is unreadable to me. That could be a lack of comprehension of 1800s occupations. Can anybody help me figure out what this Rank or Profession says? Greatly appreciated! :)
  5. B

Smethwick

Thomas Sidaway married first, Louisa Weaver and later married Rosanna Weaver.
  6. B

Apprenticeships

Noodles - Thank you for all the interesting information. Did you find the details of your relative through apprenticeship research. I am trying to find such information for my Great-grandfather. Could you tell me where I would find information on his apprenticeship?
  7. B

Smethwick

Thank you Rosie, that is a help. The family were on Pope Street, St. George Street, Oxford Road and Kimberley Road. I will attempt to contact the Smethwick Library Archives.
  8. B

Smethwick

Oldbrit, There were Crump married into our family. Down from Weaver and Sidaway. Is that your line?
  9. B

Smethwick

New to the site and unfamiliar with much of the areas, (Civil parish: Harborne, Ecclesiastical parish: St Matthew, Town: Smethwick, County: Worcestershire, Registration district: Kings Norton, Sub-registration district: Harborne) - not sure where I would be best to look sometimes with that long...
  10. B

Smethwick

Hello Dragon I am new to this site, and in contact from Canada. I am researching family from the Smethwick, Cradley, Brierly Hill, Brown Hills areas. I have Weaver family, Harriet (b. 1826) from William. Married to Brooks and from there into the Lee family. Who are your Weaver family...