• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Yardley Cementry, Acocks Green

Thank you all so much for your help. I went to the cemetery office with the grave number and they looked it up in their records. It was in section 59. Unfortunately they was no headstone, just a patch of scrubby grass. I’m glad I went though.
  2. J

Wonderful. I’m hoping to visit the cemetery tomorrow as I just so happen to be passing Birmingham on the way down to Essex. Thank you for all your help.
  3. J

I’ve found the information. He is in section D, The number of the grave is 67324, he was consecrated. There is also a column for description of grave but it’s very hard for me to read.
  4. J

That’s great. Thank you so much.
  5. J

I’ve ordered it! Thank you again for your help x
  6. J

Ha! Just tried again and it’s come up. Thank you so much I will attempt to access them. I’m actually in the UK now so I’m sure I can do it now.
  7. J

Thank you so much. I tried on that site but nothing came up. What did you enter?
  8. J

Thank you for your help. I will contact the cemetery to try and get this info. And maybe they will know if it has a headstone or not.
  9. J

I’m writing from Canada and am trying to collect as many details of my family as possible. If anyone is visiting the cemetery could you please find and take a photo of the grave - William George Henry Fry, beloved husband of Maud Fry. DoD July 26th 1944 aged 56 years. interred in family...