• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. E

In The Garden 2021

I'm a bit wary of ferns, when my boy died of cancer and I tried to find the cause one of the US scientists suggested it might be caused by the spores from ferns getting into his lungs. Here in the Dean where he played as a boy there are an abundance of them on pretty well any open area and...
  2. E

BSA Bikes Birmingham

They were neat and cleanshaven such a shame all would now have spikey hair and 'designer stubble'.
  3. E

Photo Editing Programmes

Thanks for finding the original post oldMohawk, so she was 101 when she died, haven't heard anything about a funeral yet I think there's a long backlog.
  4. E

Photo Editing Programmes

The RAF Lady in the photo died a fortnight ago, I had the photo coloured by the guys on here and framed it for her 100th birthday, I can't remember if it was last year or the year before.
  5. E

DNA tracing biological father

One caveat, beware of scammers trying to suggest you pay for the help you need.
  6. E

Group photos

It looks as though the boy at the front has something in his hands as though to make a presentation to the lady.
  7. E

Is this Erdington nr Birmingham ?

Well I only said it might interest. :)
  8. E

Is this Erdington nr Birmingham ?

This might interest. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Leopold_Mountbatten
  9. E

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

Beg to differ on the 1100 being better John, the crankshaft bearings weren't up to the extra poke and there were many big end failures at first. :(
  10. E

Already sorted that Jim in #1,592 a closer look and you can see the back wing which of course the Mini didn't have.
  11. E

Trimmed and lightened it a bit .
  12. E

Yes a Morris Traveller not enough of it shown to tell if it's a series 2 (from 1954 on) or the later 1000 Traveller which continued until 1971, later in some of the overseas factories, Ireland, New Zealand etc.
  13. E

You're right Janice, had a closer look and it is a Morris 1000. :oops:
  14. E

There's a Mini Countryman in the bottom right so after 1960 when it was introduced.
  15. E

Coalman

The day of the coalman is likely to be over. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/government-introduces-restrictions-on-sales-of-wet-wood-and-coal-to-combat-pollution/ar-BB1geOS8?ocid=uxbndlbing
  16. E

Group photos

All alarmingly close to the edge. :eek:
  17. E

Council Houses

That's they way they always were, the lower end where I lived had the paving close to the fence and the lawn area to the roadside, further up the road they reversed it putting the lawn area close to the fence and the paving at the roadside, The trees have grown to full maturity and some have...
  18. E

Council Houses

And the house I was born in, the one with the black framed door. Dad's nice :(garden turned into a car park.
  19. E

The name on the side road is Regent Place not Regent Terrace.
  20. E

Looking at my AtoZ map I think the photo maybe is of Vittoria Street looking towards Graham Street.