• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. NoddKD

My First Visit To A Library.

Same for me Lyn. No8 from Farm St. Who knows we may have been on the same bus. Books for me at that time were Jennings, Billy Bunter,Famous five and good old Biggles. Happy days. NoddKD
  2. NoddKD

Birmingham 1960s

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjjm4aGtfnqAhVRtHEKHebEBvwQFjACegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent-birmingham.co.uk%2Fblog%2Ffifty-reasons-to-stay-away-from-birmingham%2F&usg=AOvVaw2p_clVz0EiKD26MFxyYAxF Hope this works. I am surprised there have...
  3. NoddKD

CLOTHES AND SHOES OF YESTERYEAR

Hi Viv, have to say many fashions keep me amused. Currently the hilarious hair styles sported by men and the trend for young women dressed in their finery with huge great boots on their feet. Would be interesting to see how they feel in twenty years time.:D:D NoddKD. Easily amused.
  4. NoddKD

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

I spy the entrance to The Hole in the Wall pub. Spent many an hour in there. Quite often lunch times with an oppo that worked in a camera shop in Martineau Square. Happy days. NoddKD
  5. NoddKD

Messaging

Hi Ray, you've managed to get a message on site. I daresay the very helpful mods will be in touch shortly. Welcome to the site. Lots of fun,very helpful and very ,very interesting. NoddKD
  6. NoddKD

Scams: Telephone, email, texts, other 2021

OK everybody,we can all stand down from this one. It appears that some time ago when I purchased a new tablet I was invited to fill in a warranty form online. The cable is my 'reward' for so doing. Thanks to all that answered. Panic over.:grinning: NoddKD. Calm once more.
  7. NoddKD

Yes. Name, address ,post code all bang on. Still waiting for a bill.
  8. NoddKD

Thanks Eric, thought of that but package is clearly addressed to me. Think I'll have to wait until someone/company gets it touch. NoddKD
  9. NoddKD

Today a package arrived from China containing High quality cable for USB Type C. I have not ordered it,there is no invoice and the sender's address is in Chinese. I have checked all my Amazon orders back to Christmas and it is nothing to do with them. Does anyone know if this is a scam? Any help...
  10. NoddKD

Lost Birmingham Pubs

It ain't the wrapping,it's the content that matters. Why care what a pub is called it's the tasty ale inside that counts.:yum:yum:D;) NoddKD. Not an alcoholic,yet:innocent:
  11. NoddKD

MONUMENT ROAD

Yep,knackered kindred spirits. :D ;)
  12. NoddKD

Icknield St School

Hi Martin, thanks for your reply. You're right a short time at the school and I really don't remember a great deal about my time there. I recall that one of the teachers had a vintage\veteran car, Austin 7? Which was parked in the playground outside the metalwork shop. Strange the things that...
  13. NoddKD

MONUMENT ROAD

My family lived at 180 Monument Rd ,a surgery headed by Dr Kerr. My mother was the general dogsbody and ran the admin side of the practice. Today she would be the Practice Manager. The property was just down from the junction of Plough and Harrow Rd and Waterworks Rd towards Chamberlain...
  14. NoddKD

School visits to Cinemas

Whilst serving my sentence At Hartfield Crescent School we were taken to see The Taming of the Shrew at The Warwick cinema in Acocks Green. To use the modern vernacular "that's an afternoon I'll never get back" NoddKD
  15. NoddKD

Icknield St School

Hi Martin, I feel sure that you and were at Icknield Street at the same time. I joined from Farm Street in September 1964 but left in February 1965 when the family moved to Acocks Green. I think the class teacher was Mr Ward? I knocked about with Christopher Robinson and he and I worked in the...
  16. NoddKD

Street furniture

Parking meters!! What about the mobile phone mast in the middle of the photograph?o_Oo_O
  17. NoddKD

Birmingham and the British Empire.

Would be fantastic to find out if Kathleen achieved her nursing ambition. NoddKD
  18. NoddKD

A Strange Coincidence - Two trees, two graves and a missing mobile phone! Surname Hockley

An interesting point in this thread is that this brave soldiers body was brought home for burial. I had always believed that until very recently burial was at ,or very near the place they fell. Lest we forget. RIP soldier,duty done. NoddKD
  19. NoddKD

Myheritage.

Is there anything technology cannot do? That is fascinating. NoddKD. Impressed.
  20. NoddKD

Haircuts now and then

As children we were taken to the barbers in Ladywood Rd ,opposite Chamberlain Gardens. He always threatens to cut off our heads and replace them with cabbages. I do occasionally feel that he did just that.:D:D NoddKD. He with the green head.