• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Davenport

Group photos

Yes there were flats there. We lived there when I was just a baby, a long time ago !
  2. Davenport

Group photos

One for aggie2347. Central Fire Station. April 1950. My Dad back row third from left.
  3. Davenport

Group photos

This group photo is of employees at J & E Sturge Ltd. Lifford Lane. 1923. my Grandfather is is seated 6th from left front row.
  4. Davenport

Rose and crown..hospital/brearley st

Thanks for Beehive info, D.
  5. Davenport

Brearley Street

Thanks again, that’s why I couldn’t find it on my list of pubs, D.
  6. Davenport

Brearley Street

Thank you all for your help, it’s very much appreciated.D.
  7. Davenport

Brearley Street

I wonder if Mikejee or anyone can locate Bee Hive House, 120 Brearley Street on a map. Listed on 1841/1851 census, owned or rented by Robert Davenport and family. Although the brewing family I do not think it was a public house. Thank You.
  8. Davenport

Alderlea Secondary School

Sorry to hear this,Mr Bleach taught me music. I remember he ‘volunteered’ me to sing in Alderlea choir that joined other schools in a concert at Birmingham town hall. It was Bizet Carmen c.1966.
  9. Davenport

Group photos

Thank you so much Pedrocut,much appreciated.
  10. Davenport

Night soil man on 1871 census.

Soil????
  11. Davenport

Group photos

I wonder if anyone can add any info to this Group Photo. Taken in 1936. I can make out at the bottom of the cutting, Scotland, schoolboys, match?,Villa. My Dad is highlighted with the square around him. Thank you.
  12. Davenport

Group photos

Family group photograph celebrating a family members 21st birthday.c.1932
  13. Davenport

Saturday Sweet Van Shard End 1950's

Yes I remember it and I think it was called The Silver Queen.
  14. Davenport

Marriage certificate query.

Wondering why both the Father’s name and Profession are not included on this marriage certificate? witnessed by Robert Davenport and Jane Davenport. Mary’s Father was a Robert,as well as a Brother and Sister Jane. Thank you.
  15. Davenport

In the Garden 2020

16. Davenport

In the Garden 2020

We are in the Vale Of Belvoir Leicestershire, it’s been snowing since about 10 am and it is still blizzard conditions now.❄️❄️❄️
  17. Davenport

In the Garden 2020

18. Davenport

Swanshurst Park

I remember going to Swanshurst Park with my cousin in the late 50s. The family lived in Jutland Rd. We would have a bottle of pop and a waggon wheel. Happy memories.
  19. Davenport

Castle Bromwich

Castle Bromwich a beautiful place in 1905.