• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Wilmot Breeden Limited

Hi do you know which factory she worked in (Amington road Kings Road etc) ?
  2. P

sayings

One I heard a lot when I was a kid i'm flat broke.
  3. P

Rhubarb,

Done that many times loved it.
  4. P

OLDEST AND YOUNGEST BHF MEMBERS

Not a problem when you get older but your right when your a kid its not very good.
  5. P

OLDEST AND YOUNGEST BHF MEMBERS

Hi I feel like a young lad after reading some of these posts born 25/12/1944
  6. P

Gents Only rooms in pubs

The Redhill in Hay mills had a gents only. I remember a time in the early 50s when mom wanted to speak to dad about something important. He was in the gents only she would not go in and fetch him so she sent me, and dad was not pleased.
  7. P

sun ray treament

Where did you have your treatment and can you remember the year.
  8. P

Marston Green & Tile Cross

Yes that's right Jack not Frank my memory coming back, I haven't thought about them for along time.
  9. P

Yes the small garage had been there for years, it was very old and dated. When I started working there a new garage had been built opposite with all the mod cons. I believe the new part was built in about 1958.
  10. P

I can't remember that, but you missed out by not going to the woods it was beautiful when the blue bells where in flower.
  11. P

Hi all I worked at Griffins garage 1960 -1963 I thought Marston Green was a lovely village. Three brothers owned the garage George Eddy and Frank (I think that was there names) and I loved working there. I was only a kid so it was my job to fetch the sandwiches from the little cottage shop...
  12. P

Sheldon

I lived in Acocks Green but I bought a pram for my first child 50 years ago from a shop in the wells green shopping area. I can't remember the name of the shop but I think it was there for a long time afterwards.
  13. P

Sheldon

The pub was called the Speedwell I spent many an happy hour in there.
  14. P

Sheldon

Hi I have tried to follow your directions in this post and the only garage I can remember (other than colliers) in the area was in Stockfield road I don't remember the name of the garage but the last time I went passed, it was a builders merchants.
  15. P

Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974

Thanks I think I may be getting mixed up with Acocks Green station because I was shown round there as a kid also.
  16. P

Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974

Hi sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place, but could anyone tell me if there were prison cells in the Hay Mills police station. I was shown around the station in the early 50s and i'm sure there was but my memory is not to good these days, Hope someone can help.
  17. P

3 day working in 1970s

Hi Bill yes I remember you now, if I remember right you spent a lot of time at the kings road site. I think if my memory serves me right you played football in the inter department games for us. Did we have a few lunch time drinks at the pub by Fordhouse lane works? The foreman at the time was...
  18. P

Seventy-five Years Ago Today....

A very good read, i hope there is more to come.
  19. P

Sweets We Used To Have

Talking about liquorish, when I was a kid i used to buy small sticks about the size of a cig they were hard and would last for ages when you sucked them. Also in the 40s my parents used to put a tin of toffies in my stocking which i rally enjoyed, haven't seen them for years.
  20. P

Swanshurst Park

Hi am I right or is my memory going astray, but I think I can remember there being a café behind the boathouse.