• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. joe 90

Sutton Coldfield - Origin Of Name

Well l hope he gets the correct punishment for doing this
  2. joe 90

Sutton Park

I do apologize but l thought the the Jamboree was in August 1957 as l was there..Joe 90
  3. joe 90

Sutton Park

Hi it was near the Crystal Palace lm 72 and it was there when l was a kid.Joe 90
  4. joe 90

Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974

Derrick Capper's brother was the vicar of the church where l lived at Banner's Gate Sutton Coldfield and he signed as one of my refeeres to get into Birmingham City Police. I also represented the Mounted Branch at Sir Derrik's funeral service At St Martins Church in the City.joe90
  5. joe 90

Essence Of The 50s And 60s

Sounds good to me Radiorails what time do we come round...............joe90
  6. joe 90

Canterbury Road Police Station

Hi yes it is the Police Station l was stationed there. joe 90
  7. joe 90

Sutton Park

I remember the the model aircraft when I was a kid in the 50s and 60s just past Longmore Pool on the left. Joe90
  8. joe 90

Sutton Park

I remember them well when I was a kid that was in the 50s and 60s just past Longmore pool big field on the left.Joe 90 This was in reply to the model aircraft.
  9. joe 90

Sutton Park

Ryland Road ran from the side of the Odeon cinema down past the Midland Red bus yard and up to High St and Rectory Rd turned off to the right by the church.Rectory Rd is where Good Hope Hospital is.
  10. joe 90

Sutton Park

I remember them draining it when l was a kid probably in the 60s. joe90
  11. joe 90

Sutton Park

I remember when it was La Reserve a posh restaurant and then it was turned into a snooker club.joe90
  12. joe 90

Kings Heath Horse Showground

Hi Vivienne, where was this dog track please joe90
  13. joe 90

Essence Of The 50s And 60s

I worked for Midland Counties Dairy in 1967 in my younger days and at Xmas you would get an average of 2'6d a customer and with 420 customers it was a tidy sum. joe90
  14. joe 90

Wylde Green School, Green Lanes School

Hi All as far as I know Wylde Green School was a private school or it was when lived in Sutton Coldfield. joe90
  15. joe 90

Brilliant what a find Viv
  16. joe 90

Midland Counties Dairy

I used to work Midland Counties at Kingstanding as a milkman with an electric float 500 customers a day it was good money l was 18yks before l went into the Police.
  17. joe 90

Prefabs

I think houses these days are status symbols and not really homes
  18. joe 90

Prefabs

My grandparents lived in a prefab at 235.Reservoir Rd,Erdington.In the rear garden you could see the old Highcroft Hospital.They were there until they moved to a new property in Castle Vale in a complex for the elderly.
  19. joe 90

Vivienne very good never seen anything like that before..........joe90