• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Banjo

Charles Winn (valves) Ltd

Charles Winn started his business in 1859 as a plumbers merchant. The business ran for 141 years until it's closure in 2000. I had the privilege of working for Charles Winn (valves) Ltd as a Quality Control Inspector for just over 25 years. When I first started in 1974 they were located along...
  2. Banjo

Yew Tree pub sign Witton

Hope I've picked the right thread. I'm having an ongoing debate with friends about a painting on the side of building of a man up a ladder painting the building. This was in Witton Road between Birch Rd & the Yew Tree pub in the early 60s. Are there any photos of this? Would love to see it again.
  3. Banjo

Monks & Co Of Balsall Heath

I was telling my grandkids about a certain pork pie I used to like in the 1950s. Monk's pork pie was the pie and I'm sure the factory was in Balsall Heath Road. Anyone got any photos of it? I also remember a van that used to deliver to our local grocery shop which had a picture of a huntsman on...