• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. jukebox

Yardley Cemetery Map

My gt g-parents were buried there (1922 and 1928). I got the grave details off the register and took them to the cemetery. They then gave me this map with the location marked (section 24, 7 plots in one direction 29 in the other). The lady was very helpful. Unfortunately the grave was unmarked -...
  2. jukebox

See Birmingham by Post Card

See https://www.search.birminghamimages.org.uk/Details.aspx?&ResourceID=8548&SearchType=2&ThemeID=839 Demolished 1970s
  3. jukebox

Scams: Telephone, email, texts, other 2021

I think a lot of money has been wasted by Smart Meter suppliers. I had one fitted by OVO a few years ago and found it very useful - never an estimated reading and I could check my usage and charges on-line at any time. Then I changed supplier to EDF energy but they couldn't read the meter as it...
  4. jukebox

Battery low, being locked out.

Buying these is a bit hit and miss! Last one I bought was £11.49 from ebay in 2019 and it's still OK. I did buy two together a few years ago and they both died within a week. Just check that the seller offers a guarantee. Don't expect any of them to last 10 years though!
  5. jukebox

That's pretty good going! I don't think I've ever had one last longer than 5 years.
  6. jukebox

I'm assuming this is a laptop? See what happens if you remove the battery and run it off the power supply (charger). If its a desktop it suggests the bios battery needs replacing.
  7. jukebox

Photo ID Atkinsons and The Woodman

Looks like the corner of Cregoe St and Irving St. The only other Atkinsons pub called The Woodman listed in http://breweryhistory.com/wiki/index.php?title=List_of_Atkinson's_Brewery_Ltd_pubs#Warwickshire was in Summer Lane and I don't think it was on a corner.
  8. jukebox

Neon Pint Glass sign

See http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/2518/1/Cen0020.jpg
  9. jukebox

Neon Pint Glass sign

Are you sure it wasn't the Schweppes sign you are thinking of which was on the side of the building as you came up from Digbeth, on the right opposite the church? There was a row of shops underneath including the Slow Boat chinese restaurant and I think a car park above. The sign faced towards...
  10. jukebox

In The Garden 2021

11. jukebox

Help please, if you can

Unfortunately much of the definition has been lost, particularly at the side of the face. If it's there on the original perhaps you could try scanning again? This is the best I can do:
  12. jukebox

Thomas Archer Susanna Archer grave or memorial Info

If you can find out when they died https://birminghamburialrecords.co.uk/ may help.
  13. jukebox

Have I missed anything while I have been away?

After much research I went for My Heritage Family Tree Builder. Plus point - it's free! However there are some minuses: 1. If a person has had more than one partner it doesn't display both in tree (chart) view 2. There is no 'All-in-One' tree display (may be available in the paid version) 3. I...
  14. jukebox

This has been the case for a while now. Coming from a long line of bank clerks/managers (I'm the odd one out!) my daughter joined Lloyds mid '80s but after a few years went in another direction having said to her Manager 'if I'd wanted to be a salesperson I'd have gone to work in Rackhams'
  15. jukebox

A few weeks ago my phone land line went dead and I used my mobile to contact TalkTalk. I asked the chap I was talking to where he was - South Africa! At least I could understand what he was saying :)
  16. jukebox

In The Garden 2021

I thought it was against the law to shoot postwomen :D
  17. jukebox

Covid vaccination process

I had the same - woke up about 1am, felt very cold and was shivering quite badly. Interestingly a doctor on the TV a few days later was talking about this and said it seemed to occur (sometimes) if you had already had Covid! This backed up my suspicions that I may have caught C-19 around...
  18. jukebox

Covid vaccination process

And a sore arm :(
  19. jukebox

Changing Username

Your username appears as 'Ruth Martin' which isn't your email address!
  20. jukebox

In The Garden 2021

Looked great but gradually starting to thaw now