• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

New Inns Berners St Lozells

Yes Agreed Mike, I have searched and reached a dead end regarding the name Tasker and The Shooting Club too.
  2. J

Fantastic! Many thanks Joanne
  3. J

Thanks Astoness. I agree it is a wonderful photograph with its vast array of hats! I was hoping the photo would have names etc written on the reverse but sadly no. I have traced my family to Berners Street around this time and in fact lived her upto the 1940/50s and was hoping the photo might...
  4. J

I did wonder if having a Gun Club attached to a pub was a good idea, especially after a few pints! Thanks for checking. I do have access to the Newspaper articles on FMP so I will check it out, though I oftern get side tracked reading the news of the day: fascinating! Joanne
  5. J

I found this photo on Ebay as my family (Cox and Lowe) have history to Berners Street. Does anyone have any information on the New Inn Shooting Club. The date is unknown. Thanks
  6. J

7. J

guildford street lozells

Hi Bob Yes he remembers you and said you had a large garden you all played in! I'm getting him signed up so he should be able to post himself soon!!
  8. J

guildford street lozells

Hi Yes it probably is my dad, his younger brother was Tony and his name is Harold but would get called 'Al'. I will show him this link!!
  9. J

guildford street lozells

He remembers this cafe! It's a clearer picture of his house. I should get him to join so he can share more of his stories and tales! Thanks
  10. J

guildford street lozells

Many thanks for the photo. This shows the bookies behind the gates. I will show this to him. Josie
  11. J

guildford street lozells

Yes that's just as my Dad said. His house was just further up 192, just in the shot. Thanks for the picture. Josie
  12. J

guildford street lozells

Hi Dave, I think My Dad mentioned this. The one he spoke about was a bit 'dodgy' was behind some double wooden gates and you passed the money through a hole in the wooden gates. Was this the one you were thinking of or a more 'legit' one! JoseLowe
  13. J

guildford street lozells

Wonderful Photos of Guildford Street. My Dad's family 'Lowe' lived in this street during the 40's and 50's. They later moved to Bartley Green in 1952. He was born 3/142 Berners Street but moved to 194 Guildford Street (in between Gower Street and Gerrard Street) shortly after. We think one of...
  14. J

Woodgate valley

Hi, I think the original poster may be confused with the fair that used to come most years around November for the bonfire at Senneleys. Hope this helps.