• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. AnnieB

Balmoral Road Erdington

Does anyone know when the houses in Balmoral Road, B23 were built, please?
  2. AnnieB

Metro Cammell

My cousin in South Africa has recently come across the coin/medal attached which belonged to our grandfather. Is there anyone on here able to tell me if this was issued by MC? We are thinking it may be a medal for some shooting club but is it one to do with MC. Any suggestions out there would be...
  3. AnnieB

Birmingham TB patients

My great grandfather was born and lived with his family in Nechells from 1878 until 1924. In 1924, he contracted TB (he died of this in 1926-confirmed by his death certificate)as the family went to live in Malvern. I have been trying to ascertain which hospital he may have been sent to (again -...
  4. AnnieB

Summer Road Erdington

When I lived in Balmoral Road, Erdington during the late 50's until 1968, there was some sort of delivery yard at the bottom of our garden which is off Summer Road. I was always led to believe it was Baker's removals. My late father-in-law worked for Baker's and my husband used to go to the...