• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. E

John and Frances Molesworth

Hi Janice You have given me the best laugh of the day, the only I think. So funny about neither of us having notable nor commercial ancestors. I look to my humble roots and how they had such resilience and persevered and hope to find the same in this troubled time Look forward to any...
  2. E

Hi Janice That is interesting about John and Frances. Thanks to the links you have sent I have been reading about the needle industry and it looks like there were some needle makers that were home/cottage based. Perhaps this was the case. I can't find the record but I did see an entry for...
  3. E

Harriet Humphries

Hi Janice Really appreciate the links to Redditch History as well as the Redditch History newsletter regarding the Humphrey shoes and the unknown family connection. I remember so few threads in my memory bank about my grandma and I thought her family was from Reading and only discouvered...
  4. E

Harriet Humphries

Hi Lyn Really like this new knowledge about the likely needle factory (Victoria Works) that Harriet worked as and glad she didn't have far to walk knowing that she became widowed and also had 5 children in her care. The map Mike posted showing the location of the Victoria Works on Britten...
  5. E

Hi Janice Yes magnified like this I see that it does say Warwick Rd. Thanks for this. Carol
  6. E

Thanks so much Janice. So appreciate all the maps you have shared. Carol
  7. E

Harriet Humphries

Thanks for all those great responses. Such super information. Carol
  8. E

Harriet Humphries

Hi Janice Harriet was a needle worker - listed as paperer if I read the census correctly. Not sure what that is and haven't found any information on what this job entailed. Carol
  9. E

Harriet Humphries

On Harriet's death certificate it says she died at Back 5, Hewell Rd. Carol
  10. E

Harriet Humphries

Hi Janice Oh I have wondered what needle factory they might have worked at. Thanks for the map and this added detail. Carol
  11. E

Harriet Humphries

Harriet Humphries is widowed in the 1871 census and she and her children live on Britten St but I do not have a street number. Her mother, Frances Moleworth and daughter, Frances Humphries live at 52 Britten Street and I am trying to determine if they live next door to one another or a few...
  12. E

My great grandmother, Frances (Humphries) Heath lived with the Molesworths, her grandparents. All of her siblings, except Frances, lived with the parents William and Harriet Humphries. The Moleworth address in the 1861 census was Howell Rd, Greet and William and Harriet lived at Alcester St...
  13. E

Jane Heath and her brothers

Yes this is my great grandmother and her two sons. They are in Carbon, Alberta, Canada in the 1906 and 1911 census. I have found that immigration years on Canadian documents are not always exact. The brothers Thomas and Richard come first though not positive in what year and Jane and her...
  14. E

HEATH FAMILY PHOTO

Have really enjoyed rereading all the threads and looking at the old maps. A nice diversion in a constantly changing landscape that we all find ourselves in.
  15. E

HEATH FAMILY PHOTO

Thanks Janice for all your industrious research regarding Hazelhurst. Carol
  16. E

1892 Probate Inquiry

Hi Janice You were so correct. I heard back today regarding the will of Joseph Heath and he did not have a will. The two gentlemen named were executors and seemed to be from Birmingham, not London. Carol
  17. E

HEATH FAMILY PHOTO

I am presuming that they the child and woman lived in the house in the photo but at this point it is more guess than knowledge. The woman is dressedin black so possibly she was in mourning - her father in law died in 1892 and her husband in 1893. If the Malvern Road house wasn't built until...
  18. E

HEATH FAMILY PHOTO

Hi Janice Very interesting reading and looked carefully at the 1904 photograph but think that those house are much larger and grander and the house in my photograph is closer to the street. Sure prevaricate the link and the history of Hazelwood. Carol
  19. E

HEATH FAMILY PHOTO

So many thanks to all you in Birmingham who are making so much effort to solve where this house might have been located. I really appreciate all your efforts and this new connection to Birmingham. Carol
  20. E

Jane Heath and her brothers

Hi Janice The certificate has the district of Solihull and the birth information is April 11, 1853 Tysley, Yardley. That is the correct baptism record. I am not sure why, and it seems odd, but Frances Martha (Humphries) Heath lives with her grandparents Frances (Merry) and John Molesworth...