• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. G G Jean

"Buddy Padmore"

Hoping someone can make these smaller only I have had to copy and paste them. RIP Francis (Buddy) Padmore.
  2. G G Jean

"Buddy Padmore"

Since I wrote these comments my second cousin has done some fantastic research and I will be posting the most amazing photo's of the ship the funeral and the grave. Also letters that are quite upsetting when reading them.
  3. G G Jean

The Onion Fair

The link with the Onion Fair and your nan being in charge of the roast was it was arranged by the IMI If I remember correctly.
  4. G G Jean

The Onion Fair

I am sure that is Mrs Kelly the boss in the middle/middle row top photo.
  5. G G Jean

The Onion Fair

I am sure that is how mom got the job through your nan. They were very friendly but never in and out of houses but always there to help one another out. I have many photo's of the IMI canteen and will look for a thread on here and post some.
  6. G G Jean

The Onion Fair

I knew your Nan and Granddad very well Josephine. She used to give me extra meat when she did the roasts at the fairground. I think she may have worked at the IMI as a cook. Mom was a pastry cook there.
  7. G G Jean

Holidays spent in Wales as a child.

Mowhawk I was there that year too with our twins. Pete couldn't come as he had to start his new job at Ansells so Mom and Aunt Floss came instead.
  8. G G Jean

Edna and Albert Lyndon 57 Holte road and aunt Nell and uncle Harry Stevens from 94 Holte road. Half of Holte road had been camping at Tallybont many years before I was born Josephine.
  9. G G Jean

OMG those are the holiday I was always on as a child and the Chapmans were our friends. Some more photo's of those fantastic holidays. Thank you for sharing yours with us Josephine.
  10. G G Jean

The Onion Fair

Hi Josephine number 57.
  11. G G Jean

The Kingstanding

Yes such a shame Lyn. :(:(.
  12. G G Jean

The Kingstanding

Drove to the precinct car park the other day to take these photo's. The sooner they demolish the buildings the better they are a blot on the landscape alongside the burnt out Kingstanding pub.
  13. G G Jean

Ansells Brewery

Pete just said no sorry. It is a long time ago though. Good luck with your search.
  14. G G Jean

Ansells Brewery

Will let Pete know Andy. He is Pete Smith was on the brewing then the Drays and finished off at Gravelly Park as Chargehand in the warehouse.
  15. G G Jean

Ansells Brewery

What is your dads name Andy as Pete is the same age and worked there till he retired?. You can try to purchase an old Ansells magazine as they used to be in circulation. Pete let someone borrow his and it was never returned unfortunately. Good luck.
  16. G G Jean

Watery Lane

Will go and find it for you Sheri. x This is Harry with his mom and dad Sheri. xx
  17. G G Jean

Watery Lane

Hi Sheri I posted the photo for you. xx
  18. G G Jean

The Onion Fair

Pete took that one Smudger!!. I have to downsize mine as it won't attach.
  19. G G Jean

The Onion Fair

This is my replica Barrell organ that actually plays music.