• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. oldbrit

Church Road, Yardley.

This must have been after my band played in the 1950s we played upstairs at the Swan in the front
  2. oldbrit

Church Road, Yardley.

3. oldbrit

Church Road, Yardley.

That was my band, if it was the one in the 1950s we played the Swan and many other pubs around Yardley and Brum Packed then in we did, But after I left in 1957 for the USA I understand another bad used our name
  4. oldbrit

Church Road, Yardley.

I think we lived on the Causeway, it backed onto the park then through to the Coventry Rd all long gone now
  5. oldbrit

Birmingham buses

Yes I did that also of course we could have been visiting someone thanks anyway
  6. oldbrit

sayings

Im going to spend a penny
  7. oldbrit

Birmingham buses

Not sure but my birth cert shows Dad at "16 Hobmoor Croft Yardley" So that could be where it was taken I did Google that but do not think that was the place
  8. oldbrit

Birmingham buses

No def, not Moat lane. This was before we moved to Moat Lane
  9. oldbrit

Birmingham buses

Thanks for all your info I was born in 1933 I look about 3 in the photo so it was taken about 1935 so you are spot on with what you say
  10. oldbrit

Autumn in the Garden

Snow has gone sunny very cold and windy this guy looking for food looks very upset
  11. oldbrit

OLD HUDSON MOTOR AND CYCLING ROAD MAP

Could you scan the map so we can all see it I wonder? I am sure that I have and many others ridden our bikes on the roads and lanes long gone now
  12. oldbrit

Birmingham buses

That's me and my sister, Joan, I was born In 1933 she in 1936. So the photo may be taken in 1938? taken In Yardley before we moved to Moat Lane
  13. oldbrit

Birmingham buses

Does anyone have any idea what year this was taken by the Trolley Bus in the background?
  14. oldbrit

IT'S LYNS (ASTONESS )BIRTHDAY TO DAY FOLKS.

From OldBrit in Parker, Colorado USA
  15. oldbrit

Occupations - Disappeared

"Filler up and check the oil" Those days long gone in the USA, just like 25cent a gal gas (Petrol)
  16. oldbrit

OLDEST AND YOUNGEST BHF MEMBERS

Born June 7 1933 87years young now and still riding my bloody bike, did 35 miles today in sunny warm HILLY Parker, Colorado USA
  17. oldbrit

Autumn in the Garden

Now we are getting deer and elk looking for food, This one was feeding off our bird feeders. His antlers are different. 11 point?
  18. oldbrit

Autumn in the Garden

In the "Pinery" south of Parker, Colorado USA we have had 7" snow and now it is all gone. The wildfires have driven the deer and elk down from the hills and we are besieged by them a heard of ELK has arrived, just a few 100s yards from our door. Great to see and it reminds us they here long...
  19. oldbrit

RIP GINGER BAKER

Sorry about that I corrected my posting
  20. oldbrit

RIP GINGER BAKER

Did you know he was a pretty good cyclist lived, a few miles from me in Elizabeth Colorado USA If you read his Bio he says that he was going to be a Pro Cyclist but an ACCIDENT AND HIS BIKE WAS CRUSHED AND THAT ENDED IT