• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. N

Leopold Street

Hi there, Further to obtaining details from the 1939 Register, I'm trying to pinpoint an address on any available period map of the locality - the address I'm interested in is written as: 6/50 Leopold Street, if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful. Many thanks
  2. N

College Place, Springhill

Hi there, I'm currently trying to find the exact location for (no.3) College Place, Springhill, B'ham at the time period of the 1911 census. Looking at other addresses on the census, it would seem to be a small number of addresses which fall between 158 and 164 Springhill.......I have looked at...
  3. N

Vicarage Road, Aston

Hi, I wonder if anyone could advise me of/point me in the direction of a good quality detailed map of the Vicarage Road, Aston area - in particular, one which shows the location of individual addresses, i.e. court houses? I have two specific addresses relating to family members who lived in...
  4. N

Maternity Hospital, Newhall Street (?)

Hi there, I've just had a very quick scan through the hospital threads and could not see a reference so thought I'd post an enquiry thread. I'm currently researching a person in my family tree who I've discovered was one of the Middlemore Home children sent to Canada under the mass emigration...
  5. N

Fox Crescent, (off Fernley Road) Sparkhill

Hi - somewhat of a longshot but thought I'd post an enquiry on the off-chance......wonder if anyone (or anyone's family) may have known of the 'Richards' family of no.8 Fox Crescent (off Fernley Road) Sparkhill (?) - I'm currently researching my maternal grandfather's family and this would...