• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. T

Army Chaplain Marriage Records For Gibraltar

OK, I will look out for them - nothing yet.
  2. T

Ah interesting. I have removed the mail address from the thread and look forward to the details you offered to mail me.
  3. T

Hi Suzanne. I don't have access on FMP. . The only bit that does confuse me is I have John Chidwick as born in Dover Kent in 1854 to Edward and Jane Chidwick; Kent Dover area being where all the Chidwicks appear to come from. So Not sure this John Chadwick is the right guy.
  4. T

Thanks Suzanne this detail is very helpful and gives me more background on these ancestors. I have also a reference in the Army Chaplains Index for Marriage in Gibraltar for John and Catherine, but can't actually access the Chaplain records themselves to establish what regiment John was in. This...
  5. T

Hi, thanks for the information, very useful. I can see the two entries as an Index with a reference = 547 which I guess is a page number or something within the Army Chaplains Marriage records. Shame there is no way to actually view the record to get the grooms regiment details etc.
  6. T

Hi. I am looking for anyone who has access to Army Chaplain marriage records for Gibraltar 1879 to 1880? I can't find anything for a Sanchez,Catherine to establish the details of her and her husband?
  7. T

Joseph John Chidwick

I think I will have to join up to Ancestry later into the winter when I can get full value for money. I have many other things as well while the weather is reasonable and would not do the membership justice. Pom has given me a very good start though on my mum's Chidwick tree. The Taplin's go...
  8. T

Joseph John Chidwick

OK thanks. The member above Pomgolian has done wonders already and has me back to great great grandfather born 1807 and has not finished yet. Looks like I will get a hook to one of my cousins on mums side as well who has looked into the family
  9. T

Joseph John Chidwick

Hi Jean. Yes as you may have seen I have plenty of time now. I have received help already on my mothers 'Chidwick' side. I think I will have to look for a site that provides search options back to source documents etc - can't keep relying on the good will of others. Do you use one or could...
  10. T

Joseph John Chidwick

Sorry yes. I have been made redundant recently and being 63 it is really early retirement. I have some details of the Taplins on my dad's side going back to the mid 1800's so far, but my mother side is Kent have started looking for her tree so I have both parents. Of course I have the time to do...
  11. T

Joseph John Chidwick

Hi. I am trying to trace back from my grandfather Joseph John Chidwick born 1881 in Dover (I think but certainly Kent). He died in 1973. I am trying to trace his father and mother - my great grandparents called John Chidwick (a cavalry officer) and Catherine (nee Sanchez) who was Spanish - think...
  12. T

Census search

Hi. Are there any internet sites that provide free search of census within UK? All I have tried require signing up for membership etc before you can really access details.
  13. T

The Taplin surname name

Hi there. A bit late but a happy new year to you and yours. Hope you had a good christmas? Trev x
  14. T

The Taplin surname name

Does anyone know how I can get the history/origin of the Taplin surname? I have traced my dad's family (Taplin) back to the late 1700's so far but I am wondering where the surname comes from. On my mum's side the Chidwick name goes back to the vikings in Normandy and the Battle of Hasting 1066...
  15. T

Looking for John Taplin early 1800's

Hi Annie. Yes Andy has sussed out the local stores when they were over in May 08. Actually Joanne works for Asda here (part of wall-mart) and hopes to work in wall-mart as one of the jobs when they get the residence visa, so hopefully, the discount that goes with it. Thats news about the airbeds...
  16. T

I will let Andy know about the coffee invite. They will be busy while over there in Sept 08 as the house will not have any furniture etc in it! I believe they will be gathering some basics to start with - cheap table and chairs, something to sit on, tv, blow up beds etc just to get them over the...
  17. T

Hi annie. What a coinsidence. Andy and Joanne are taking a visit in Sept 08 for a short break to get things organised. I guess by the time the NS immigration have sorted out their application etc, they will be there for good during 2009 so my wife and I will have reasons to visit NS ourselves. Trev
  18. T

So you live in NS then. Andy is settling in Truro or rather Big Village I think it is called just outside Truro. He and his wife Joanne see it as a big positive move there, over UK as it is these days. He is going on an NS immigration which is quick in comparision to moving to other provinces...
  19. T

Hi I have a number of contacts on the forum now and have been helpful with my ancestry searches - back to 1797 now. I see you are in Canada. My eldest lad Andy is moving to Nova Scotia during next year and has already got a house there.
  20. T

Hi. I have a number of contacts now, mainly helping to extend my family tree search and received a good tip on a website for searching ancestry. I see you are in Canada. My eldest lad Andy is in the process of moving to Nova Scotia and has already purchased a house there. Down side for me is my...