• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. G

GEC WITTON WORKS

Message for Ray Griffiths and a few others. Bob Ash joined Birmingham City Police and I worked with him for a number of years in Handsworth. He is now retired but has become a Vicar.
  2. G

In the garden 2013 - 2018

No frogspawn on Saturday but Sunday there must have been about a hundred frogs spawning by the bucketful. The frogs were late last year and this. Some of my neighbours have had spawn from late in February. George
  3. G

Where did you live

Hi Reynolds, I am a Scots Guardsman (1953/1957) just a little younger that you. Born Pype Hayes, after 6 months to Brantley Road, Caterham, Pirbright, Caterham, London St James area, Lydd,Kent., Hockley, Perry Barr, Erdington, Sutton Coldfield. Still a member of SG Association. George
  4. G

thomas frederick harris

Hi Kc, I have tried a search but cannot find anything close. Do you have any more details, place, date of birth or anything close to his DOB. Anything you can think of. Regards George.
  5. G

Appeal for info re the Towers Pub, Great Barr in the 70's

Hi Sam, I can confirm that it is Bob Sturdy. Bob was in the 'C' Division (Police) team that I played in for many years. I have looked at the rest but cannot name any more. I Used the pup from time to time and knew your dad. Regards George.
  6. G

Thumbnails

Thanks for replying so soon lyn. Many thanks. Regards George.
  7. G

Thumbnails

I cannot pick up any Thumbnails on the site. Why ?. can someone help please.:culpability::culpability::culpability: George
  8. G

Tame Road Witton

Hi Rob, No - I remember the Tustin family. George is Not my first name. G.Thu......d from 68. George
  9. G

Tame Road Witton

Hi Robb128. Yes you are correct. Left Deykin Av.School about 1951. Regards, George.
  10. G

Tame Road Witton

Hi Chipito, I went to school with Angus in the late forties and early fifties. Didn't your granddad sell the newspapers ?., Regards George
  11. G

Tame Road Witton

I remember Brian Baker. He was good on the ivories (Piano) I remember. I have not seen him since I left Deykin Avenue school in 1951. Whatever happened to him ?., Regards George (Not my birth name)
  12. G

Tame Road Witton

Hi Shere, was the lad at the front of pictures 1 and 3 Harry. If so was he in the Boys Brigade. Sorry I cannot recall his surname. I lived at 68 Brantley Road. Regards George
  13. G

Coffee Bars:

Hi Astonian, late 70's the landlord was Tommy Breen an Albion fanatic, he later moved to a pub in Hamstead after ill health. I had some long hours in there. Regards George
  14. G

Coffee Bars:

Re my previous reply No 37. My brain has at last switched into gear. The place as stated was run by Van Hagen and was called the La Fiesta. After reopening it had another name. I cannot help any more. Regards George.
  15. G

Hi Jean, that's fantastic, I wish I could draw like that. My house is called 'Frogmoor'. More spawn overnight. Regards George.
  16. G

I am now overwhelmed with frog spawn, today I saw only my second frog of the year but they certainly have been spawning. I also saw my first newt of the year. It had got itself into a bucket and could not get out. It's now back in the small pool.
  17. G

Hi Rosie, several groups of frogspawn today, Now moved to small pool. You probably still have newts around difficult to see. During the summer I have thousands of small frogs all over the garden. As far as the foxes go, I do not think that they would eat frogs but several years ago, I found...
  18. G

It's been a funny year in my garden. I have three pools, one large for fish, two smaller ones, one of which I transfer all of my frog spawn into. I feed the tadpoles on fish food which they love. The other small pool accommodates a few newts as does the large pool. However I have only seen one...
  19. G

Ironmongers

Adams ironmongers, Sutton Coldfield, close to Coles Lane by the Odeon.
  20. G

Police Service Records

Fatboy., send me a private email I may be able to help you. Regards George