• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. JudiM

Found while having a tidy up.

Fabulous
  2. JudiM

tidy up please

Hello, after photo help again. I have this lovely picture of my Dad, taken when he was 16. At some point it's had something dripped on it (looks like a tea stain). I've only ever known it like this & I am wondering whether someone here has the skills to digitally remove the stain? It's his...
  3. JudiM

Telephone scams 2020

Had a phone call yesterday - a recorded message type call purporting to be for Amazon saying they had noticed suspicious activity on my account. Didn't listen to the whole thing as it was obviously the phone call equivalent of a phishing e-mail. Amazon would e-mail & not call - certainly...
  4. JudiM

Telephone scams 2020

I had that scam e-mail too. Reported it.
  5. JudiM

Bridge Street/holliday Street Old House

Love these pictures, not only do they show the cottage, they also show what used to be where my place of work is.
  6. JudiM

Bridge Street/holliday Street Old House

Great picture. Hopefully they are clearing all the weeds & brambles out of the garden area to stop any more wall falling down.
  7. JudiM

Paradise development 2020

So glad to see him bac I don't think so. Would be different if you were running a business from home, but as an employee working from home it doesn't make the property a commercial premises. The business you work for pays the rates. Many people worked from home before & those people didn't...
  8. JudiM

So glad to see him back.
  9. JudiM

I agree completely. I have expressed concerns about the speed & size of development before now. There is already lots of empty office space in the City centre, yet they keep building more. There is only so much office space required & the current situation has shown that the already slow...
  10. JudiM

Birmingham's Working Horses

I found the horses names interesting. I had riding lessons most of my childhood & came across many of those names, there doesn't seem to have been much of a change of style.
  11. JudiM

Canals of Birmingham

I suppose with travel limited & gyms closed many folk have nowhere else to go. There are a lot of apartments around the canal system in the City & precious little outdoor space. I guess pre-lockdown most of these people would be in the gym or jogging close to their places of work & cycling to...
  12. JudiM

Canals of Birmingham

A piece on the BBC news site today featuring Birmingham's canal system. It's about health, exercise & social distancing, but there is some good background & pictures & a little history and it's interesting to hear how different people use the canals & how the City canal system has become like...
  13. JudiM

In the Garden 2020

Does anyone else have Ladies Mantle & love how the water droplets from on it?
  14. JudiM

In the Garden 2020

Gradually finding some flowers that slugs don't eat! The dianthus & saxifrage in the foreground of the one picture I bought recently & are in a little tub I fitted over the spike for my rotary washing line in an attempt to pretty it up! The geranuim & campanula just appeared within the last...
  15. JudiM

In the Garden 2020

My first strawberry of the year. It's an Alpine variety, so small fruits but very sweet.
  16. JudiM

In the Garden 2020

That's looking fabulous. Will be very interesting to see it later on when the plants have matured some.
  17. JudiM

HSBC Bank

Thank you for posting the lion pictures, although I always think the roaring one looks more like it's yawning :D
  18. JudiM

ITS GG Jean BIRTHDAY TODAY FOLKS

Happy Birthday :party::party::party:
  19. JudiM

HSBC Bank

I particularly like the basket weave effect of the stone cladding.
  20. JudiM

HSBC Bank

I work near to it, so have plenty of pictures. Don't have any close ups of the lions though, but they are great.