• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. jonnybrowne

The Best family

Does anyone have any connections with the Best family? I'm looking specifically for connections to my 2 x great-grandfather George Best who fathered a child, my great-grandmother Ann Best (married name Ray), with Prudence Dainter. I believe George was born in Birmingham 1834 to Philip and Ann...
  2. jonnybrowne

Ray Family

Hi all I'm trying to find out more information about the Ray (sometimes spelt Reay) family from Aston. My mother was Gladys Mary Browne nee Ray (1926-1997), daughter of Samuel Ray (1895-1950), granddaughter of Joseph Ray (born Joseph Davis, 1859-1906) and great-granddaughter of Naomi Ray nee...
  3. jonnybrowne

Browne Family - Small Heath

Hi all I'm trying to track down any photos and stories relating to the family of my great-grandparents John Browne (1848-1925) and Louisa Browne (nee Smith, 1847-1923) - they had a family of nine children - John Richard, William, Frank, Fred, Ralph (my grandfather), Caroline, Florence, Louisa...