• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. D

Electoral Role help please

Is it possible for a person to be on the electoral at two different addresses in the same year. 1922 ,161 Alum Rock Road then the same year 163 Stratford Road Sparkhill. I have found an article from a newspaper 7/11/1924 the persons address is 161a Stratford Road. Sparkhill or is it just a...
  2. D

Help needed with WW2 records Please

II have received the records for John Richard Bytheway who joined 6/6/1935 address 146 Cole Valley Rd Hall Green. 6 years with colours and 6 years reserve... TA 5109005 2nd Royal Warwickshire.. 23/1/1937-31/3/1938 India 1/4/1939-10/6/1941 India 11/6/1941-22/6/1943 looks like Pairform...
  3. D

Garraty

Just thought I would share this with you.. I subscribe to Your Family History magazine on line. In the December issue was an article about coroners and would you believe the report was a newspaper report on the death in 1928 of Frank GARRATY how was killed as he lay in bed when during the night...
  4. D

Bowen Wallace

Wallace Bowen born 1849 Birmingham son of Jonas and Mary Ann Bowen. Married Harriet Kiss 1881 Solihull I have records for him till 1888 a silversmith with Jonas Bowen and sons at 30 Summer Row this is the last record I can find. Has any one got any record of this person in their research even...
  5. D

CURLEY electoral role look up

Could I ask for help please. I have recieved a death certificate for Ellen Curley widow of ........Curley. date 26th January 1957. informant D Hodgetts niece 36 Bracken field Road Birmingham 22a. My Ellen G Curley was widowed in 1927 from Stephen Michael Curley so as this certificate does not...
  6. D

Street address

Please could I ask for help on the address for this family on the 1901 census. Eliza A Ashforth 1851 Birmingham Rosalind Bowen 1872 Birmingham Oscar W Bowen 1894 Birmingham Frances Bowen 1900 Birmingham Francis Savage 1877 Pershore Worcestershire. I just cannot read the name of the...
  7. D

Electoral Roll look up please

Today I received a Birth certificate with the address 253 Aston Road Birmingham 6. Please could some one do a look up for me. The date is 1946 the parents are John Richard Bytheway and Irene Florence Bytheway nee Price. Thanking you for any help you may give me.
  8. D

Gavagan help needed

I am hoping that I might find help with this problem please.On the 1881 census I have. Peter Gavagan born 1851 Birmingham wife Elizabeth children Ellen born 1879 Birmingham Elizabeth born 1880 Birmingham birth certificate states mother Elizabeth Leonard. Birmingham register could not...
  9. D

Provision dealer

On the 1861 census for Catherine Bowen living at 41 Duddeston Row her occupation was Provision dealer. What would this title mean in those days? Wholesale shop or maybe just selling from her home. Thank you Dorothy
  10. D

Electoral Roll look up

Could I please ask for a look up for the address Back 29 Lozells Road Birmingham. The name on the death certificate is Annie Ashburner a spinster age 39. I was hoping I would have got more information from the certificate but it looks like she was a lonely old sole as its got no family names on...
  11. D

4 Botteville Road

I have the address 4 Botteville Road Acocks Green on a marriage certificate I have just received. I tried looking on Street view but did not find this house number would you know if it was demolished during the war. Also would you be able to name the people who owned this house around 1941/1942...
  12. D

Electoral Roll look up 1926/7 Please

I know you are all most probably very busy with your Christmas perperations but I was wondering if I could ask for a look up for 188 Tower Street Aston The name might be F Gant Thank you.
  13. D

Electoral Roll look up please 1928

Could I please ask for a look up for 3/27 Smith Street this is the address I have on a marriage certificate for a Henry Hands. I am trying to find if this person is part of my tree. The dates fit and I do know other members of the Hands family lived in Smith Street but not this number. Thanking...
  14. D

Electoral Roll look up 1955 Please

Is it possible for a look up in 1955 for 72 Cato Street Duddeston I have a Mr Holtham on a certificate but I cannot read the initials Thanking you in advance for your help.
  15. D

marriage deatails please

Could I please ask for a marriage look up The marriage of William Crump and Ann Perry 25th December 1831 at St Martins. IGI number 19723 thank you
  16. D

marriage deatails please

Could I please have a look up for details of the Marriage of Thomas Prime and Jane Matthew that took place 22nd May 1823 I found this on IGI batch MO 10723 I am trying to find the name of Thomas Prime's father. Thank you.
  17. D

Edgbaston Church

Would it be possible for any one with access to the records for this church to look up the marriage of Jonas Bowen and Esther Prime they married 2nd September 1806. I found this on IGI batch number MO 10661 I am trying to find the name of Esther's father. She was born 1786 in Bickenhill...
  18. D

William Hands

Could I please ask for an electoral Roll look up please. I am looking to find William Hands and Elizabeth Hands. They were living at 82 Cato Street Duddeston on the 1911 census. I am trying to find the date of their deaths. I have possible Elizabeth 1928 and William 1924. I would be most...
  19. D

Electoral Roll look up Matthews

Can I ask for an electoral look up please. I have Henry Thomas Matthews who died at 282 St Benedict's Road Small Heath in 1927 age 63.I was wondering if his brother Thomas Leonard Matthews was at this address in 1955 and if so who else was with him. Thank you.
  20. D

Curley Desmond

Desmond S Curley was born in Birmingham 1928 to parents William Edward Curley 1887 and Anne Shortall 1888. William and Anne married 1919 St Anne's Roman Catholic church Alcester street Birmingham. I have searched every where I have access to and can find no details of a marriage or death for...