• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. brummielink

Nightingale/Nightengale, Charles and Abigail

With no 1861 census records for Birmingham, would you help me try to find any addresses Charles and Abigail Nightingale or Nightengale lived at between the period 1855 to 1870, or potential sources. Thanks
  2. brummielink

SILVER, James George

I am having a problem finding any information on James George Silver. I have found a marriage record - 24.10.1892 James George Silver (spelt Silves in Ancestry), age 31 (so dob would be 1861), working as a Castor, living at 5 Good Street, father James Silver (deceased) Gasworker - married Clara...
  3. brummielink

Grantham Road (Sparkbrook) bombings

My grandmother's sister, Elsie Allwood was killed during a bombing raid December 1940 whilst at home. She lived at 3 Grantham Road, Sparkbrook. I have found the link to BARRAS on your site and noted the information provided. Are there any images anywhere of Grantham Road around the time of the...
  4. brummielink

Highgate Road or Highgate Street

Family history census and other records from 1837 to 1851 show Highgate Road, Aston (Deritend/Bordesley). Could anyone point me in the direction of a map that shows this address? Did Highgate Road become Highgate Street, or Upper Highgate Street in Highgate in later times perhaps?
  5. brummielink

The Tripe House, Digbeth

Can anyone tell me about The Tripe House, Digbeth, 1865? Was tripe an alternative to meat in general?
  6. brummielink

Brown Barnes & Bell Victorian Photographers

I am researching my family history and have an old Cabinet photo portrait with Brown Barnes & Bell's numerous addresses on the reverse. My family were living in Aston and would have used the Birmingham studio: Brown Barnes & Bell, 86 New Street, Birmingham. However, the studio opened 1881 and...