• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Kat7272

How do I find info on a London Company?

Great info, thank you very much all. Amazing what can be placed together in a short space of time. Here are the details of the 2 x W Payne. William Payne (1832 - 1892), occupation: Tailor Mary Bailey Taylor (born 1839), occupation: Tailor (Wife of above) William Henry (King) Payne (1854 -...
  2. Kat7272

Thanks all. Very interesting finds indeed. The info on the change of name is interesting. The men I am trying to research are William Payne and his son also William Henry Payne (both listed as Tailors in the census, plus wife Mary B Payne listed as a tailor and daughter Elizabeth listed as...
  3. Kat7272

Thank you. Anyone know where I could go to find info.on the company?
  4. Kat7272

I am trying to find some information on a London company called Watts, Payne & Co. I can see that they are listed in a London post office directory up to 1915. I am trying to find an address and any other details on the history of the company. Payne, Watts and Co were listed as a Tailors in...
  5. Kat7272

THESE TRYING TIMES

Hi all Hope you are all ok and keeping happy.
  6. Kat7272

Ex Pats and Brummies abroad

Maurice, I keep meaning to say that I went to Crete last year, stayed near Heraklion. It was very nice, loved Greece and would like to go back. I would like to start looking at going to Greece again
  7. Kat7272

Storms in 2020

I did add 'like everyone else' when I said I have had enough. I've had my share of heartache don't worry, losing an eye at 14 years old wasn't easy.
  8. Kat7272

Storms in 2020

Windy again here. Had enough now, just like everyone else I would think. I would like to wrap up and do some tidying in the garden, but not with this wind. Or sweep the footpaths at the front of the house, but no point if the wind hasn't stopped.
  9. Kat7272

Storms in 2020

Winds up again.
  10. Kat7272

Storms in 2020

Dies down and sounds like a calm interval, then it picks up again. It's just died down at the drop of a hat, hopefully that's the end.
  11. Kat7272

Storms in 2020

Wind picked up here again last night, it just came out of nowhere. Still bad now. I'm staying in today. It's the falling debris that bothers me, otherwise I'm not worried about being blown around.
  12. Kat7272

Storms in 2020

I cannot have my window on vent, too much wind, scared it will suck the window out!!!! I won't be getting a good night's sleep tonight.
  13. Kat7272

Storms in 2020

I think it's as bad, if not worse here. Hopefully it will give over soon.
  14. Kat7272

Storms in 2020

I have my blinds closed. I find it frightening to watch. I find the weather and the power of the elements Interesting, but it's the possible heartache it can be responsible for that I don't like.
  15. Kat7272

Storms in 2020

Wind picking up again here. It's getting very bad actually. I hope it gives over by bedtime, I have only just got my sleeping back on track.
  16. Kat7272

Storms in 2020

Good advice Lyn, those screen cyclones could help the storm to pass!!!!
  17. Kat7272

Storms in 2020

Mini cyclones on the forum asap please. Image my face if they appeared in the next few minutes!!!!
  18. Kat7272

Storms in 2020

Now don't be like that!!!! We need to welcome the storm and it will pass quicker.
  19. Kat7272

Chamomile Tea, any other tea that tastes better but does the same job?

I am sure you are all wondering how I am getting in with the chamomile tea!!!!!!! Well, to save keeping you in any more suspense, I am still drinking at least one cup a day. I love the stuff, but have to take it easy, just incase!!!!
  20. Kat7272

Storms in 2020

Not nice weather here. I think we should have little cyclone's on the screen like the hearts! Honest, I think it would acknowledge storm Denis and help it to feel it has nothing to prove and to leave asap.