• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. jmadone

Tommy Ball Murder

Jen Parker I was unable to get hold of the pictures that I might have had, I'm sorry but I did come across this which may be of some interest to you https://michaelneatstories.wordpress.com/2019/07/31/the-tragedy-of-tommy-ball/
  2. jmadone

Tommy Ball Murder

Do you know when Tommy was in the team. I have just given my son a couple of books showing cigarette card of Villa players and teams from long ago uptil the late 20th C. I will ask him to look for a picture and then forward it yo you if there is one.
  3. jmadone

King Edwards Grammar School Camp Hill

Watched a programme today regarding memorable F.A. Cup finals. A couple of stills showing Ray Watson enjoying the post match celebrations with the winning Sunderland side.
  4. jmadone

Fold 3 on Ancestry

Just read that Fold 3 on Ancestry (Military Records) have FREE access until 25th of May. Jim
  5. jmadone

DISGUSTING FOOD

After shelling the pods you need to remove the skin surrounding the bean. If cooked correctly they are delicious.
  6. jmadone

Situation Comedy

I watched that programme too and thoroughly enjoyed it. What a lovely, gentle man he was and didn't deserve to be so unlucky in love.
  7. jmadone

Windows 10

All sorted now :mad: My grateful thanks to Morturn, Pjmburns and Devonjim for your helpand advice.
  8. jmadone

Windows 10

I'll try that as well, thanks Jim.
  9. jmadone

Windows 10

AH HA! Got it! Many thanks for that. When I have got the appropriate clip can you tell me where it is stored. Is it in pictures or downloads or what?
  10. jmadone

Windows 10

Morturn, which search box do you mean? The one on this forum, the one on the BNA website or where? Just tried both with no success. Just brings articles with the word snip in them.
  11. jmadone

Windows 10

Let me start off by saying that I am not very computer savvy. I have just taken out a subscription to British Newspaper Archive for family tree purposes. I have found several articles that I would like to use. My problem is that I am only allowed to download the whole page and not just the...
  12. jmadone

Situation Comedy

I've really enjoyed reading through this thread and it's brought back so many T.V. memories. Two shows not yet mentioned which I used to enjoy were The Lovers with Richard Beckinsale as Geoffrey "Bobbles Bon Bon" and Paula Wilcox as Beryl who described romantic fumblings from from Geoffrey as...
  13. jmadone

Photo restoration

O.M. Thank you, again a great improvement on the damaged original.
  14. jmadone

Photo restoration

Thank you Kieron, a great improvement.
  15. jmadone

In the Garden 2020

We have now identified 3 different woodpeckers coming to the feeders on a regular/daily basis 1 Male 2 Female 3 Juvenile No.3 has only been coming to the feeders in the last 2 weeks but we think it's from last year's hatching. It's very distinctive by it's dirtier looking breast feathers...
  16. jmadone

Photo restoration

I wonder if one of the wonderful picture restorers on the forum could please tidy up this photograph of my brother and sisters. Thanking you in advance. Jim
  17. jmadone

Police messenger service

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/nostalgia/wartime-messenger-boy-recalls-work-14875119 I didn't realise that such service existed. Thanks Viv. ps According to Wikipedea to be a messenger you had to have your own bike!
  18. jmadone

In the Garden 2020

It's a Garden Cockchafer also known as Foliage Beetle.
  19. jmadone

Thanks Dave for the name. Powry seems to ring a bell. As you left in the July I started the following September. I can never remember attending a church service for Founders Day only a day off. The only church service I recall was the annual Carol Service.
  20. jmadone

Came across this short film. I remember the film being made I think I must have been in the second form at the time. I recognised a few of the faces, mainly the masters. Great shots of Ray Watson, Ron Jones with the inevitable fag in his mouth, Sid Madge talking with Mr Cross a maths teacher...