• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. J

Frank Barson

read all about the great Villa player of the 1920's
  2. J

PONGO WARING

Thankyou for this information. I'm curious about his second 'marriage' to Phyllis, when he lived in Liverpool, Birkenhead, after the war, whom he claims was the daughter of Frank Barson, another great Villa player. There were three more children, maybe four...but no surnames to confirm any of...
  3. J

PONGO WARING

I'm looking for Pongo Waring's (great Aston Villa forward) descendants for a book i'm writing. any help will be appreciated, John Harding
  4. J

Villa Memories Tom 'Pongo' Waring

Dear Dean, Can't see the Facebook but am interested in early Villa history as I am writing a book about Frank Barson. Any help would be appreciated.
  5. J

Dear Dean, Can't see the Facebook but am interested in early Villa history as I am writing a book about Frank Barson. Any help would be appreciated.
  6. J

Dear Pongo's grandaughter, Could I ask you some questions concerning Pongo as I am writing a book about Frank Barson, the Villa player and am interested in the links they had. Any help would be appreciated.
  7. J

Dear McLach, I'm writing a book about Frank Barson and am curious concerning his links re Pongo. Could you tell me anything about Phyllis? Pongo said he was Barson's daughter.
  8. J

Frank Barson footballer

Thnakyou for the this. I read somewhere that one of his daughters married Pongo Waring, also of the Villa. Is there any truth in this?
  9. J

Frank Barson footballer

Can anyone point me to relatives of Frank Barson, the ex-Villa footballer. I'm writing his biography.