• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. T

Collins, A. E.

Any information on Arthur Edward Collins would be appreciated. Believe he was born 1888 abt. Birmingham (son of Frederick and Sarah Collins ?). Known to have resided at 8 Richmond Terrace, Bolton Road, Small Heath (1915-20?). Regards Peter
  2. T

Clara Morris

Not much to go on with this person but hoping someone can help with information. All I have is an address and this was around the 1930's, 28 Kirby Road, Winson Green. There was a daughter (Emily) but do not know husbands name (possibly Samuel?). A son named Samuel died in WW1 (1914). May have...
  3. T

Pte. 9721 Hartland, Joseph

The Express & Star newspaper (Wolverhampton) had a report (30 December 1914) regarding the death (KiA 2.10.1914) of Private 9721 Joseph Hartland of the 2nd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment. The piece has a photograph of Joseph but I have not been able to obtain a copy and if any member can...
  4. T

Hawkins nee Shelley

I'm interested in finding any relatives with a connection to Dulcie V. Hawkins nee Shelley born 1923 married 1943 Birmingham. I believe she was living in the Stetchford area around 1950. Regards Peter
  5. T

KESTERTON, Frederick

Frederick Kesterton b. Birmingham 1887 abt. No other details found other than 1911 census when serving with the 2nd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment aged 24 (in India at the time). If anyone can supply any further information regarding Frederick it would be most appreciated. Regards Peter
  6. T

Jackson Louis Pte. 7368

Seeking information on Louis Jackson (b.Birmingham, year?) Served with 2nd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment and died of wounds 4th November 1914 (Pte. 7368 Louis Jackson). Regards Peter
  7. T

2nd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment

I'm compiling a list of the 1914 Star men (The Old Contemptibles) who served with the 2nd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment in 1914. These men would have been the regulars already serving at the outbreak of war in August 1914 or the reservists recalled to the colours at that time. I would be...
  8. T

Pte 8487 James Clewley M.M.

Private 8487 James Clewley M.M. Worcestershire Regiment Killed in Action. James was born in Smethwick 1886 abt. I would be interested to know if he is named on the Smethwick War Memorial. Regards Peter
  9. T

Bolton Albert

Albert Bolton b.1884 abt. Leighton Buzzard, Beds. Any information for where he was working/living in 1911. Was he married at this time? Regards Peter
  10. T

Blower Joseph

Any information regarding Joseph Blower b. 1886 (abt.) Walsall, Staffs. Son of WilliAm and Emily (Emma) Blower. Did he serve in the Worcestershire Regiment in WW1? Regards Peter
  11. T

Bethel

Any information on Ernest Osborne Bethel, born 1885 abt. Birmingham. Enlisted in Worcestershire Regiment (Special Reserve) 1908. Elder sister named Emily and possible elder brother George S. I have not been able to find any census returns for 1911, 1891 or 1881 for this Bethel family. Did find...
  12. T

BEESLEY, Walter Thomas

Any information on Walter Thomas Beesley would be most appreciated. Born Birmingham 1888 (possible)? He served in the the 2nd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment from 1904 until 1914 (Discharged, sickness). Very little information to go on but hope some member may be able to supply a bit more...
  13. T

BAGNALL, Ralph R.

Any information on Ralph R. Bagnall (born Oldbury 1885?) please. Not much to go with I'm sorry to say but hope someone can help. Regards Peter
  14. T

AMOS, Theophilus William

Theophilus William Amos born 1886 Aston, son of Theophilus William and Mary Ann Amos. Served in the 2nd Battalion Worcesters under the name William Amos and was killed in action 24th October 1914. Any further information would be most appreciated. Regards Peter
  15. T

PANDFIELD William Godridge

Seeking information on William Godridge Pandfield born abt. 1881. He was killed in action aged 35 in 1916 serving with the 2nd Worcesters. At the time of his death he held the rank of 2nd Lieutenant. He was awarded the D.C.M. On his MIC and details on CWGC his mother is shown as Betsy Pandfield...
  16. T

Morley T. P. B.

Seeking info on Thomas Percy Blundell Morley, born Birmingham abt. 1894ish. The son of Charles and Amelia. He had at least 2 brothers, one named Frank/Fred? Can't find any census returns for 1891/1901. He died of wounds on 19 July 1917 serving in the Royal Engineers. Regards Peter
  17. T

Oldaker Charles James

Any information on C.J. Oldaker please. The son of Maurice and Clara Oldaker born about 1887 Smethwick. He was a member of the Great Britain Gymnast team in the 1908 London Olympics. For many years a member of St. Michael's Athletics Club and also represented the Birmingham Athlectic Instute...
  18. T

Kyte Edward

Any information on Edward Kyte please. Only details I have died 30th October 1914 and is burried in Little Aston (St. Peter) Churchyard. Served with Worcestershire Regiment 2nd Battalion and died from wounds. Regards Peter
  19. T

Poole James

Private 52220 James Poole 1st Garrison Battalion, Worcestershire Regiment died at home 27th April 1918 and is burried in Witton Cemetery, Birmingham. My mother told me years ago that a relative (Poole) of hers, a serving soldier (WW1) was burried in Witton. The above mentioned being the only...
  20. T

Pte. 1542 Zachariah Trueman

Any information regarding the army career of Zachariah Trueman (Truman) would be most welcome. It would appear that his service records were destroyed in the bombing of 1940 and only his Medal Index Card is available on Ancestry. From his MIC it seems that he went to France in October 1914...