• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. anthea

Restaurants In Birmingham 1960s

To answer Tim: No! ;):mad:
  2. anthea

I and a friend ate at the Kam Ling restaurant in Livery Street when it first opened in the 1950's for a treat after we had been shopping for clothes (as girls do)...I loved Lychees (spelling?) for dessert. Anthea
  3. anthea

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYN (Astoness)

WITH ALL GOOD WISHES ON YOUR BIRTHDAY LYN from ANTHEA
  4. anthea

Co.Op.number.

I think that maybe quite a few people who remember their mother's Co-op number use it for their passwords as I do.
  5. anthea

My friend and I ate at the Kam Ling restaurant after shopping for clothes etc., on a Saturday morning during the 1950's and I think Kam Ling restaurant was the first Chinese restaurant in Birmingham (I daresay someone will correct me if I am wrong!). Anthea
  6. anthea

Where did you live

Born in Harborne B17 on a new estate before the district border changed over to Quinton B32., (a long time ago!!) then to Hall Green and then moved to Devon.
  7. anthea

H SAMUELS HUNTERS ROAD BRIDGE AND CLOCK GONE

I worked with one of the Directors on the 'Golden Mile' (so called because all the offices were in that corridor) and bought two pairs of gold earrings (at a discount...) There was the Diamond Room, but I think one had to have a special pass to go inside for any reason. Memory not so good these...
  8. anthea

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

Inspector Montalbano is a series that I enjoy watching. The programme is on tonight BBC 4 at 9pm -10.55 pm. Have read some of the books too - quite a few to get through. I also enjoy watching Columbo.
  9. anthea

Alf Buckley.

Rest in Peace, Alf.
  10. anthea

Acriflavine

Sospiri, you mentioned that you can't remember when you had a banana - well, it may have been in 1947 because that was when I tasted my first banana which was probably the time after the War when the banana became available.
  11. anthea

10 Years Wow!

Well done Eric..
  12. anthea

10 Years Wow!

October 23 2007 according to the records is the time I joined this Forum. Yes, indeed time flies - tempus fugit ! Anthea
  13. anthea

RIP Astonian (Alan)

Rest in peace, Alan.
  14. anthea

Photos of Birmingham 2019

Rosary-Boy, see posts #11 and #12 which may be some help
  15. anthea

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ON BHF

HELLO EVERYONE, ANTHEA HERE WISHING YOU ALL " A HAPPY AND HEALTHY 2019 "
  16. anthea

Astoness's Birthday

Many Happy Returns of the day, Lyn. Anthea
  17. anthea

Kings Heath in the 60s

Enjoyed the video of Kings Heath. I used to do all my shopping there in the 1960s. Good memories. Anthea
  18. anthea

Upper Thomas Street School Aston

Eric, Sorry to say there isn't a match with Sarah Terry (although I have several) or any Gibsons either. Anthea.
  19. anthea

Lyn, thank you for looking through the registers for me. Anthea.
  20. anthea

Hello Eric, I will have a look through my files to see if there is a Terry connection and I will let you know.