• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

Then & Now

I went to school near there and remember the stores as well but late 50’s early 60’s. Great pictures! Thank you
  2. R

Chance Glass Factory

That is a wonderful thing to re purpose a piece of history and make it alive again!
  3. R

Then & Now

Me as well!
  4. R

Aston hippodrome

While I was in the Scouts, St Mary's 120th. A few from each troop would play in the annual Gang Show which was put on each year. It seemed we practiced a lot and spent a lot of time been acts in pretty seedy dressing rooms (of course we did not have star rooms), there were 8 or 10 of us in each...
  5. R

NewStreet Birmingham

Ell, what is a Buffet Hut?
  6. R

NewStreet Birmingham

Goodness gracious what a wonderful picture!
  7. R

NewStreet Birmingham

OMG, I love the old Brum drawings/pictures...…...Its like a wonderful history lesson. To think I grew up with this and took SO much for granted, now I can't get enough of it!
  8. R

Ex Pats and Brummies abroad

Pedro, I think you raise some excellent points! Although I have been told that I make a fool of myself without too much effort
  9. R

Bob, IKEA should care a lot more for some reason they don’t. With the Chinese I think it’s like Japanese instructions from some years back. Not sure they care too much either!
  10. R

On the same topic with a different angle, I do a lot of work with factory automation using PLC;s (programable logic controllers) HMI's (human machine interface) & facial recognition controls. The later being the newer technology is actually less difficult to deal with. The primary manufactures...
  11. R

Engines

I believe that a European company, Micro Matic make most of the taps and beer supply piping now. They are global in supply. they also make a majority of the valves that are in each stainless steel keg. And that they work with the breweries managing the maintenance programs you mentioned.
  12. R

Happy Birthday BAZZM

Happy Birthday Bazz & many many more!
  13. R

disgusting food

Nico, my gran did that with me...…….It was a game to get me to eat the soup!
  14. R

disgusting food

MW, when I worked in the butcher shop after school sheep's brains were a delicacy.....Many people would order them for the weekend and Friday for some reason. I remember being taught how to split the sheep's head with a clever so that the brain was split cleanly in half!
  15. R

disgusting food

Nico, they served (we ate) powdered eggs during the war years as well as a few years afterward!
  16. R

disgusting food

My condolences Nico :cool:
  17. R

Then & Now

Thank you Alan, great observations!
  18. R

Then & Now

oldMohawk, about what year is the older picture?
  19. R

Valentine day

I hand delivered mine today...of course I bought the wrong one first and had to go back and change it but just in time! :)
  20. R

Valentine day

Bravo oldbrit!