• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. wendylee

Ex Pats and Brummies abroad

I am glad I am not a man ....I hate doing puzzles :rolleyes: I am so sorry I am totally off topic :confounded:
  2. wendylee

Ex Pats and Brummies abroad

I had to read your post a couple of times Bob... it went straight over my head I didnt have a clue what you were talking about ...the penny has dropped now haha :joy::joy::joy:
  3. wendylee

In the Garden 2020

Coventry. The birds all come together now except the predatory ones, which is nice. The blackbirds just will not use the feeder the wren never did. The heron first came last year. The feeder is on the plumb tree. The nest box I put on an ailing birch tree. The garden is old if you know what I...
  4. wendylee

In the Garden 2020

W Ours are struggling this year but everything is early. The plumb used to be in full blossom on Mothering Sunday. It's almost there now. Barmy has not erected his 7 foot fence as yet. I will see what the new neighbours do. We had 2 big ponds again in Storms Ciara and Dennis. About 8 feet by 15...
  5. wendylee

disgusting food

That is daylight robbery for fish and chips :oops: I love fresh and tinned roe yum..enjoy.
  6. wendylee

disgusting food

I have never tried brawn Edifi but I loved haslet when I was a kid, even went out of my way to try to get some when we came over in 2001 haha
  7. wendylee

disgusting food

Ughhh it sounds disgusting I dont know how anyone can eat intestines ...
  8. wendylee

disgusting food

like red onions, sliced finely, put in a saucepan with bit of water and a teaspoon of sugar, bring to the boil, strain pop into a clean jar cover with white vinegar, i keep them in the fridge, they keep their lovely pink colour and are lovely on a sandwich with ham or beef etc I am on the same...
  9. wendylee

disgusting food

I agree Maurice , I dont eat squid or octopus and as for cuttlefish yuck ! haha
  10. wendylee

Storm Ciara

Wow , reading all your posts guys and checking out videos of the damage and flooding. stay inside or if you have to go out, take care. Thinking of you all. Wendy
  11. wendylee

Childhood Memories

I can remember the same such things Nico, lovely memories of family and having grannie around as ours lived with us... it was our childhood, hasn't life changed? I can remember all those house callers except the egg man! Wendy
  12. wendylee

Childhood Memories

Hi Maurice , I still enjoy getting stuck into jobs I need to do.. but not so energetically as when I was a kid haha I have trouble sitting and looking at a job that needs doing, maybe I need to chill out haha The one chore I still really enjoy is the gardening , I love my garden :) Wendy
  13. wendylee

Childhood Memories

Well... My sister says I was a strange child, haha, she says what child likes doing the odd things you did! I remember ... loving ... cleaning out and laying the coal fire in the back room with the screwed up paper, kindling and the bits of coal, cleaning out mums glass cabinet, placing all...
  14. wendylee

In the Garden 2020

Looks lovely ..enjoy :)
  15. wendylee

Sheldon

y Yes PO was definitely down near Coalway avenue when I was a kid.:)
  16. wendylee

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

Thank Bob, yes we are doing fine, there has been heaps of donations and help, people have been so very generous. The animals are also being well looked after, lots of drops of pellets etc. I am madly making wildlife pouches for small critters, wallabies, kangas and the baby joeys who have been...
  17. wendylee

Lewis's

Love that story Niqs, loved the big department stores, shame they are disappearing so much is sold online...I never shop online!! I bought my husband a bottle of Aramis at Christmas he wore it when we were courting 50 years ago, thought I would get him to give it another whirl. Fond memories of...
  18. wendylee

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

Well Bob that would have to be Vera followed closely by silent witness and Doc Martin :) Dont ask me why we have so many visitors coming in with so much food... we have plenty of beautiful produce over here...some of the stuff looks disgusting, home prepared food...made from all sorts of...
  19. wendylee

VICTORIAN BIRMINGHAM TO VICTORIAN BUSH-FIRES

Wow , ChrisM , thanks for posting that it says just about everything about what is happening in Australia at the moment. These fires are the worst we have ever had, the intensity of the fires is unbelievable because of the fuel load allowed to grow without fuel reduction being carried out...
  20. wendylee

In the Garden 2020

Yes, Maurice air quality has been really bad , dont understand why they allowed the tennis to go ahead. The bad air quality has been for a few weeks now, cant understand why tennis officials would say, its ok to play. The warnings were already in place to stay indoors if possible and do not...