• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hagley Road

According to Martin Hampson's book "Images of England: Edgbaston", (3 photos - 1 of outside, 2 of interior - pp124/125), it was indeed on corner of Francis Road and Hagley Road. Opened in 1884. Says from 1937 they were used for the Warwickshire Masonic Temple too. It says the building was demolished in the late 1960s as a result of the Five Ways road / building redevelopment.

Comments about Windsor Terrace, have been moved to a dedicated thread. Link below. The entry to these Grade 2 listed houses in this terrace was alongside the Hagley Road buildings in post #63.

Last edited:
OMG, walked many times up and down Hagley Road, in 50's and 60's, it certainly has changed, and not for the better in my opinion, I seem to remember it as a very middle class area!!!!
I really did not know it well, but that is exactly the way I remember it. Very middle class!

Back