• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bordesley Green Girls School

I went to Bordesley Green Girls School,Ada Morris was the headmistress when i went. The last class i was in was Mrs Basford

Miss Hunt and Miss Crossland did maths. My last teacher was Miss Bassford. Miss Such was the teacher we had for cookery.

I was at the school from 1969 to 1974. We had Miss Such but we also had Miss Thomas who was very young. We were the first lot of girls that had to stay on at school till we were 16 this was because of ROSLA Raising of the School Leaving Age. It didn’t bother me as I was going to stay on until I was sixteen then go on to college to do my O’levels etc

The head was Ada Morris we also had to go over to a class in the junior school. It was for needlework made my apron for cookery . Miss Hunt for English Miss Crossland for PE and Games . I can name a few pupils Thelma Gibbs, Susan Casey, Linda Emms, Josephine Phelps,

Back