• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Whisky A Go Go

TDL
My friend had the direct opposite he and his friend met two girls who had some sort of brush with the establishment. They were in a correction residence locally , they met during the week arranged to meet up on Saturday night and because of things of nature , he couldn’t get away quick enough to get to the Whiskey . Alas it did come back to bite him , after a week night in town walking along Broad St going home . Who but who was sitting in the Rendezvous cafe but the praying mantis , as soon as their eyes met O was in overdrive and legged it . Closely followed by the E type cockney bird , luckily Bridge St was the next left . By ducking down there he lived to tell me this tale last week, as far Ashe his concerned the E type cockney returned to the big smoke never ever knowing where her Hermes of Ladywood went to
Some of them I met should have been in a correction establishment. They were usually sixth form grammar school girls. One of them I am told later went to be a nun. I hope she kicked the habit.

Last edited:
Mind you TDL some great looking ladies around at that time , ain’t that the truth . When you think back at the hordes of women in those days , not a tattoo in sight either .

Last edited:
Mind you TDL some great looking ladies around at that , ain’t that the truth . When you think back at the hordes of in those days , not a tattoo in sight either .
Too right no tattoos no body piercings. Just attractive females and no tights. I mean they did not wear tights. My wife when we met wore silk seamed stockings. Now she wears Nora Batty tights I say you are not going out with me in Nora Batties. No she does not, fair play she still has pins like she had when she was 16 when I met her, now mine are a different story varicose veins like a motorway map.

It was a looong afternoon but really enjoyable. More chats, more jogging of the memory and a lot of laughs. Looking forward to the next one already.

It was a top night. Who would have thought the 75 was the new 25!! I was still dancing at midnight. Soul music does that to you.

Hi all. I enjoyed another ‘Whiskey’ reunion again today. It was a decent turnout despite the weather, and good to see some of the old faces. I hadn’t seen Micky Johnson for over 45 years, but there was other newcomers there too. Looking forward to the summer reunion now.

Hi All. I would like to thank all of you who made it to the reunion yesterday, it was good to see you again. It was my last time at organising it, but the Whiskey/Mod/Townie reunion continues again in December with someone else doing the organising. See you in December.

Hi All. I would like to thank all of you who made it to the reunion yesterday, it was good to see you again. It was my last time at organising it, but the Whiskey/Mod/Townie reunion continues again in December with someone else doing the organising. See you in December.
My first time seeing Ronnie W (Whiskey) in 59yrs!!! Thank you "Lost in Moseley" for keeping the event running thus far and I'm sure the new captain will keep the ship sailing.

Hi,

I’m knew to this site and just wondering if the reunion in December is still taking place? If it is, can someone let me know details please. It’s on behalf of my mom, she would have been known as Ann/Annie Day then. Thank you in advance. Kerrie.

Hi Friends. A friend has just reported to me that he had received an email purporting to come from Bobby Summers and soliciting a ‘favour’.
For those of you that do not know, Bobby Summers passed away over 4 years ago, so clearly a dodgy email. So if you receive something of a similar nature, don’t open it, don’t respond and delete it straight away.

J

Lost in Moseley, I had that self same experience this morning asking me to obtain £200 in Apple Gift Tokens after entertaining them to the point of telling me what they wanted they didn't get anything folks

Hi Friends. A friend has just reported to me that he had received an email purporting to come from Bobby Summers and soliciting a ‘favour’.
For those of you that do not know, Bobby Summers passed away over 4 years ago, so clearly a dodgy email. So if you receive something of a similar nature, don’t open it, don’t respond and delete it straight away.

J
Thank you for letting us know. I haven't been "hit" but will be extra vigilant.

Old faces of the 60's Now at Whisky Reunion 2007

Photo 1, Terry Hales, (Cheesy ) Jimmy Cheasby, (Popeye) Dave Ladbrooke
Photo 2, Mushy (John morriaty), Tony Bamford , Eddie Smith .
Photo 3 Roger Bloomfield, Chrissie wolsey, Pete Dodd,Kenny Frazier, ?, Paddy Gill.
Photo 4 Madeliyn Heyfield & Bugsie (John Jarvis)
photo 5 Terry Scott, Freddie Sheppard & ?
How do I view these pictures, please? Sean

Back