• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Our childhood toys

items that was a def no no with us, was catapults and a bow and arrow, mom would not let us have them.

Attachments

• floss.jpg
    floss.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 3
Closest I ever came to being a gunshot victim, my mate bought a Diana air pistol and fired it in my direction from a hundred yards away, I heard it scream past my ear with that noise we used to have in the cowboy films. :eek:

items that was a def no no with us, was catapults and a bow and arrow, mom would not let us have them.
I had both while spending time at my aunts farm just outside of Builth Wells. I remember bringing them home on the Midland Red bus. When I got home they disappeared! But I knew how to make them and had a good supply of 1/4” square rubber for the catapult!

Similar to one of these

View attachment 171527
I think we all had beach balls which blew away, Li-Lo's, rubber pails I mean buckets showing my age here, and spades in like melting middle pudding patterns, fishing nets, legionnaire hats for the boys, jelly bean shoes, for paddling, rubber rings, Wind shields not for sun of course, and a big biscuit tin full of sandwiches with sand in.

1657457348394.png
We had a significant birthday a while ago. (Literally, we are 1 day apart). Bought a pack of these from Amazon for the party. Lots of "Oooh, I remember those from when I was a child" from friends.
Andrew.

Back