• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Midland Red to Wales

I have been looking at the Wikipedia site of the Midland Red and it doesn't look as if they did operate in South Wales. North Wales, yes, as we used to go to Rhyl by Midland Red Coach from Digbeth.

It depends when you mean. I joined Midland Red at Digbeth in 1974, and over the next 4 decades I drove coaches contracted on National Express services to Aberystwyth, Cardiff and Swansea, the latter sometimes via Hereford and "the valleys". Barry Island was a common place for summer Saturday holiday services, and day excursions. There would have been South Wales 'Coach Cruises' (inclusive tours) as well. Here's one in Cardiff bus station.

Attachments

• 5780  CHA 80C  Cardiff BS.jpg
    5780 CHA 80C Cardiff BS.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 5
Back