• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

In the garden 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Julie opened the shutters at 07:30 this morning (me, shutters, 07:30, stroll on). This is what she saw. Luckily she is into nature things, and has a camera (and binoculars) in easy reach of the windows. These were taken through the glass.

We normally only see these on the camera trap, and not very often.

Andrew.

Attachments

• Fox in the garden 2.jpg
    Fox in the garden 2.jpg
    1,001.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Fox in the garden 3.jpg
    Fox in the garden 3.jpg
    944.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Fox in the garden.jpg
    Fox in the garden.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 20
With it's blue eyes I think that's a Jackdaw.
thanks
having a good look at the shawl on the pics you are right
the jackdaw (Corvus monedula) is a large bird that has a black head with a light grey shawl, black wings and tail, but a grey body. It has blue-grey legs, and the adults have a strong, short hooked chunky bill. Their upperparts are dark grey with an unmistakable black line running down the back of each bird. The tail is grey with some black feathers at the tip. The young have pale blue eyes which stand out against their black plumage. Eventually, the eyes turn grey and then white

some flowers you do not want in your garden it will take over in no time.... red valerian
View attachment 170582
I wish they would take over ours. I keep trying to grow them they just won't. Neither will evening primrose. Nor alpines or bellis daisies or lupins. Heading to a garden centre tomorrow hopefully for geraniums. Suddenly our Romanian Bluebells have started moving round the garden and the alstrumeras. Partner found my root digger I am so happy.It was in the box where it should be!

It's possible that those members who have followed the In The Garden threads over the last few years will remember previous images of Boris at leisure, deep in the Worcestershire countryside. I caught up with him again last Thursday.

Here he is, sailing on, apparently unconcerned, quite unsunk (as yet).

Chris

Boris518.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back