• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

MY FIRST/SECOND GRANDCHILD

hi folks had to share these photos with you all of james and evies christening which took place yesterday...the photos were taken at home before we left for church...i am so very proud of them both and we had a lovely day :)

lyn

christening 12.jpgchristening 13.jpgchristening 14.jpg

Last edited:
Life is full of coincidences. End July 1952 I started work in the offices at Fort Dunlop. End July 2022, my first granddaughter who started work with Greene King earlier this year travelling from Digbeth area to Burton or wherever required day by day, was given her own office......in the old base stores building at Fort Dunlop.
Also heard today my second grandchild got a 2/1 at Birmingham in business management, now job hunting

What a couple of stunners they are Lyn, you must be so proud of them.
Make the most of every minute with them, Daisy and Sonny are now 12 and 9 where did that time go.

What a couple of stunners they are Lyn, you must be so proud of them.
Make the most of every minute with them, Daisy and Sonny are now 12 and 9 where did that time go.
yes alberta so very proud of them...evie is trying her best to crawl now...little live wire she is

lyn

My grandchildren paddling in the stream and making mud pies in the woods this morning. Hope you're all keeping cool too.

Attachments

• paddle 10 aug 22.jpg
    paddle 10 aug 22.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 17
  • mud 10 aug 22.jpg
    mud 10 aug 22.jpg
    528.9 KB · Views: 16
hard to believe that my little evie was 1 yesterday...just before new year she was taken quite poorly and needed hospital treatment giving us cause for concern...its great to see her fit and well again :) :) :) and she had a lovely soft play party for a few friends...here she is with big brother james and the cake...i would just like to say many thanks to the paramedics and staff at good hope hospital who were wonderful at calming down what was a very stressful situationevies 1st birthday.jpg

lyn

Last edited:
hard to believe that my little evie was 1 yesterday...a few days before new year she was taken quite poorly and needed hospital treatment giving us cause for concern...its great to see her fit and well again :) :) :) and she had a lovely soft play party for a few friends...here she is with big brother james and the cake...i would just like to say many thanks to the paramedics and staff at good hope hospital who were wonderful at calming down what was a very stressful situationView attachment 176865

lyn
Our grandchildren are our motivation!

Last edited by a moderator:
We saw our eldest grandson and wife and four children last week. We don't see them very often because they live a distance away and both work, but what a delight. The two youngest great grandchildren are 20 months old but when arriving and going they were helping each other off and on with coats and jumpers. Then we saw a video where they were washing each others hair in the bath. Another video was when they were having their nappie changed the other would blow a rasberry on their belly button. What a delight they are.

hi folks..was baby sitting evie earlier and she nodded off on the sofa and their latest edition to the family ( 9 week old miniature poodle snowy) was asleep at the other end so i went into the kitchen to tidy up a bit..when i came back in snowy had moved from his end and cuddled up with evie:):)

lyn

evie and snowy.jpeg

What a wonderful photo, you will have to post more as both Evie and Snowy grow up together.:)
thanks ...alberta did you see the photo of them both on post 336...its obvious that snowy is going to make a lovely family pet both james and evie love him to bits .. :)

lyn

It's one of our great grandchildren's fifth birthday today and it reminds me of mine in 1936 when my parents bought me a scooter with "wire spoked wheels". How posh I felt as everyone else had them with tin plate wheels. They had it from [I think] Halfords on High Street Erdington. If I remember right it was a few doors from the Undertakers [whatever their name was] opposite the Church

Back