• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Metro Progress 2022

The other view which shows the tunnel has yet to show its extent and a coal store is a likely explanation. Another suggestion has been the transport of water from a a well. However this image appears to have been taken from the hole entrance seen above.

View attachment 169589
This picture reminds of a job that I once had where I had to dig out huge holes in the ground to extract water from...... it was Well boring! (I'll fetch my coat!)

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Finally in London...

Crossrail opening date finally announced​

The long-awaited Elizabeth line will start running through central London on Tuesday May 24th

Come on Brum - get the tram line sorted out! :laughing:

The Elizabeth Line was due to open in 2018. The new date of 24th May 2022 is going ahead with work still being done on Ilford and Romford stations. There will be not Sunday services generally; the Queens Jubilee might be an exception.

Yet this is quite and achievement with new cathedral like underground stations on the central section.

The Elizabeth Line was due to open in 2018. The new date of 24th May 2022 is going ahead with work still being done on Ilford and Romford stations. There will be not Sunday services generally; the Queens Jubilee might be an exception.

Yet this is quite and achievement with new cathedral like underground stations on the central section.
Yes true, the amount of work gone into constructing it is amazing!
Looking forward to having a look and a ride....assuming I can use my Freedom Pass of course ;)

Time is running out if West Midlands Metro are going to have the service up and running again, by the end of this month, as we had been told to expect. I've heard and seen nothing concerning a resumption of the service, it is said that silence is golden, but in this case I have my doubts. :confused:

It is not just a bad show the longer this state of affairs goes on the more extended the traveling public is badly affected. The long journey by bus as the alternative or the crowded local trains to Wolverhampton has been a sad result of the faults found on the trams.

With trams and light rail becoming more common in this country the support for manufacturing should increase instead of relying on manufacturers from Spain and elsewhere in EuropeNEC6a.jpg

Yet as previously stated the trams are being tested on the route to Five Ways, which is encouraging
This is a view of tram 37 on test

Services terminating at Bull Street again! Why? I thought that it was cracks in the trams that was the problem this time. Another target missed and they are now "confident" that a fully operational fleet will be ready for the Games in July. I'm afraid, I have totally lost confidence in everything that these so-called "officials" tell us. If the trams are in fact fully operational during the Games, for how long will they be fully operational after that? This is just not acceptable and I get the feeling that we are just being strung along. :rolleyes:

Services terminating at Bull Street again! Why? I thought that it was cracks in the trams that was the problem this time. Another target missed and they are now "confident" that a fully operational fleet will be ready for the Games in July. I'm afraid, I have totally lost confidence in everything that these so-called "officials" tell us. If the trams are in fact fully operational during the Games, for how long will they be fully operational after that? This is just not acceptable and I get the feeling that we are just being strung along. :rolleyes:
personally john i think we have been strung along for years not just with the metro but other projects...what a shambles

lyn

I would suspect that the number of trams available would be the reason for starting a commercial service between Bull Street and Wolverhampton.

However, we have been told that other trams could not be provided because of the battery section between Grand Central and the Library stops. Yet with no prospect of trams going to the Library, at present, why could not replacement trams be sourced, presumably at CAF paying the bill?

Back