• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

NORMA QUIBELL...CYCLO GEAR POTTERS HILL ASTON

Some photos Family Raimond
Grand Father Albert
Grand Mother Rose
Jean (during his Army 1935)
Marthe my Mother
Ado

Attachments

• Albert Ado Marthe Rose.jpg
    Albert Ado Marthe Rose.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Albert Raimond.jpg
    Albert Raimond.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 14
  • osborne le jardin (2).jpg
    osborne le jardin (2).jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Ado Rose et Jean.jpg
    Ado Rose et Jean.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 16
Thank you
My mother Jeannette (Louis daughter, will be delighted to hear of this and see the photos. Do you live in France?
please feel free to use the email link on the site to send any further details privately.
Jackie

Growing up in Handsworth I had a good friend who introduced me to another friend Max Quibell, is there any connection? I think they moved to Solihull sometime in the mid late 50s. He would be in his late 70s or early 80s today.........

hello quibell....dont know if this is any good to you..you may already have it..a photo of cyclo gear potters hill with workers outside....is that a lady kneeling down?...could it be your mom?...the date is 1951 which is within the time frame that your mom worked there i believe

lyn

View attachment 144224
This photo appears in a Brewin book, 'Birmingham in the Fifties Vol 2.', there is a caption underneath which says
"French cycling club taking part in the Tour of Britain, Potters Hill, Aston, 1951.

So not workers from Cyclo Gear.

Back