• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Picture re-touch

This one's a bit too ragged maybe but I wonder if you guys would like to have a go, it's a wedding photo of my 85 year old neighbour's parent's wedding and the only one she has.

Busted photo.jpg

Well that's a fair bit better John, I see there's a scribbled note on the back of the original that says "Dennis Miriam and the two bridesmaids but they haven't come out very well." so it looks as though the original wasn't good.
It's only a 3" by 2" snapshot.

Thanks for the effort OM I'm surprised that you managed to improve it so much.
I can actually recognise the groom now, he was one of my first customers in his Standard Pennant when I moved here from Brum.:)

Could any of you kind members give my daughter (middle girl) a fringe similar to her mother on her right. Thank you, Pauline x.

Could any of you kind members give my daughter (middle girl) a fringe similar to her mother on her right. Thank you, Pauline x.

Attachments

• 19354F4A-AA35-4412-951E-2F006EB1D042.jpeg
    19354F4A-AA35-4412-951E-2F006EB1D042.jpeg
    962.8 KB · Views: 40
You previously asked for addition of hair to the pic in post#70 and I had a go with post#71 ...
I've had a go with your latest request and tried adding a fringe with her existing hair style but it did not seem to work ... so did a restyle as below ... ;)
hairrestyle.jpeg

I notice some padlocks on the wire rails ?

You previously asked for addition of hair to the pic in post#70 and I had a go with post#71 ...
I've had a go with your latest request and tried adding a fringe with her existing hair style but it did not seem to work ... so did a restyle as below ... ;)
View attachment 170323

I notice some padlocks on the wire rails ?
Thank you so much oldMohawk, brilliant, thank you.
all the padlocks are ‘love affection’ token locks from the youth of today. In my day you carved into a brick wall or tree.

Could I politely ask if one of our fantastic members could remove the creases and marks please.
many thanks, Pauline.x

Attachments

• 2AA241CF-9FE2-480D-8737-91444519214C.jpeg
    2AA241CF-9FE2-480D-8737-91444519214C.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 36
Hello again, i Have recently found this picture of my brother from 1959.
Would someone please remove the cracks and sellotape marks and if possible change it to a black and white picture.
many, many thanks for your very kind help.
with gratitude, Pauline.
It was a bit of a mess but hope you like my quick clean up

Attachments

• A5CBC016-81D8-4BBF-BC5C-CB473E578EAE.jpeg
    A5CBC016-81D8-4BBF-BC5C-CB473E578EAE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Good morning all.
Could I ask one of our group of artists and magicians to make a couple of alterations to the attached picture, ( vanity on my part I admit ).
could the wrinkles around the eyes be smoothed out and my left eyebrow filled in.
many thanks for your unpaid but so appreciated work. Pauline.

Attachments

• A7614205-F270-43BD-B62C-F00C3954EA8F.jpeg
    A7614205-F270-43BD-B62C-F00C3954EA8F.jpeg
    321.9 KB · Views: 32
Good morning all.
Could I ask one of our group of artists and magicians to make a couple of alterations to the attached picture, ( vanity on my part I admit ).
could the wrinkles around the eyes be smoothed out and my left eyebrow filled in.
New eyebrow (copy of the other one) and crows feet softened slightly. Hope that's OK.

Attachments

• lady b.jpeg
    lady b.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 21
@paulinehorton
Here's my fix. (fourth one for you!) Taa bab!

PHorton4.jpg

Good morning all.
One from me, regards, John.

Attachments

• PH photo - 31082022.jpg
    PH photo - 31082022.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 11
Back