• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Moseley Road Baths

Spent a of of time there, when I went to Moseley school of art 1940s 1950s. Cold damp place not very friendly then.

First time I had heard of a manager's flat and boardroom at Moseley Baths. To me, the weekly visit to the baths for Camp Hill pupils was something to be endured rather than enjoyed. I didn't once leave the shallow end and only tentatively learned to swim several years after I left school. I kept my body more or less fit by walking and cycling. Dave.

I was born on Moseley Road, and I can remember walking past the swimming baths where the grills were that looked down on the mezzanine level under the baths and watching the water being flushed making a great noise , it always made me a bit scared .

The original ticket office at Moseley Road baths, it is a pity part of the glasswork is damaged, but a nice picture.
Source historicengland.org.uk

Attachments

• 0F576825-D049-4488-B0EB-935C94797386.jpeg
    0F576825-D049-4488-B0EB-935C94797386.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 12
On 2 October 2023 Moseley Road Baths will close for swimming and all other activities, as the next major phase of work to the building starts. This phase is expected to be completed in Spring 2025.
Works include further major roof repairs, the installation of a new renewable air source heat pump that will replace the steam boilers, installation of level access ramps, the introduction of a café space in the ‘second-class’ slipper baths, reinforcement works to the basement, and the remodelling of Balsall Heath library, including the introduction of a mezzanine floor which will double the space for library users. This is an exciting moment for the future of both the Baths and the Library and represents a significant investment in these beautiful and much-loved local spaces.

On 2 October 2023 Moseley Road Baths will close for swimming and all other activities, as the next major phase of work to the building starts. This phase is expected to be completed in Spring 2025.
Works include further major roof repairs, the installation of a new renewable air source heat pump that will replace the steam boilers, installation of level access ramps, the introduction of a café space in the ‘second-class’ slipper baths, reinforcement works to the basement, and the remodelling of Balsall Heath library, including the introduction of a mezzanine floor which will double the space for library users. This is an exciting moment for the future of both the Baths and the Library and represents a significant investment in these beautiful and much-loved local spaces.
great news for the baths rob

lyn

Back