• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

In the garden 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice leaf in an old pot…
View attachment 169193
It is a heùchera, they have a colour range from ĺime green through green to dark green and ahades of red, which mine like that is called traffic light through a variety of bronzes and oranges tto dark purple, my favourite plant, lost four this year, but replaced with seven more. Names are cherry cola, lime Ricky, marmalade, tea, black pearl etc, etc, name reflects the colour, a good ground cover long flowering perrenial
Bob

look a bit like honey bees to me tinpot but not certain

lyn
I managed to photo in flight today. I think they are some type of wall/masonry bee and are very interested in the plastic vents above the double glazing. In the first pic the bee is directly in front of the hole. You can see it's diagonal shadow on the wall.

Attachments

• IMG_2406.JPG
    IMG_2406.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2424.JPG
    IMG_2424.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 20
There's a fox sleeping on the grass at the moment, he's been there quite a while, looks so peaceful!
rosie.
thats nice rosie
Foxes sleep near their dens, out in the open, or near brush. They use their tail to curl up and stay warm while sleeping, as well as to blend in. foxes build dens, but they are primarily for raising fox kits, not for sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back