• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

FUTURE BHF MEET UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks hope you are all well....just a little message to say that due to obvious reasons there will be no forum meet ups for at least the rest of this year but please save all your little unwanted nic nacs for future raffle prizes...in the words of arnie..."WE WILL BE BACK" :) ..stay well stay safe

lyn x

hi folks just to say it is now obvious that there will not be a forum meet up for quite some time yet but rest assured as soon as we all feel safe to come out to play again we will and dont forget we had 6 years of sheer hell during ww2 but we came through it.. also many thanks to old and new members for keeping this forum running...its a lifeline for a lot of people....take care and stay safe my friends

from lyn and the team x

Last edited:
hi folks hope you are all keeping well...nothing set in stone and in no way jumping the gun but if things continue to improve with the covid outbreak and you all feel safe enough it could be possible that we maybe able to hold another forum meet up around christmas time :) ...lots of ifs and maybes but its a date to aim for and i think we all need something to look forward to after the awful time we have all had...i have had plenty of time to sort out all of my history books and have kept unwanted ones aside as raffle prizes...take care my friends

lyn x

Last edited:
hi folks after thinking long and hard about when we may all feel safe enough to hold another forum meet up and taking into consideration that all of us should have received our covid boosters by the end of this year i am hoping that we can all get together again for easter so lets just see how things go and what we all think then.. :) :) :) i have opened this thread if anyone would like to comment about how they feel about this....take care my friends

lyn

Last edited:
hi folks after thinking long and hard about when we may all feel safe enough to hold another forum meet up and taking into consideration that all of us should have received our covid boosters by the end of this year i am hoping that we can all get together again for easter so lets just see how things go and what we all think then.. :) :) :) i have opened this thread if anyone would like to comment about how they feel about this....take care my friends

lyn
Lyn, what day do you have in mind over Easter?

hi richard it would be on saturday the 16th of april the day before easter sunday...saturdays are easier for people travel wise and the bull pub does not open on sundays anyway.....would be great to see some old faces again and even better some new ones... :)

lyn

hi richard it would be on saturday the 16th of april the day before easter sunday...saturdays are easier for people travel wise and the bull pub does not open on sundays anyway.....would be great to see some old faces again and even better some new ones... :)

lyn
Hello Lyn, thank you for that. We are planning a trip and hopefully as long as COVID stays in check we can make it!

Hello Lyn, thank you for that. We are planning a trip and hopefully as long as COVID stays in check we can make it!
excellent richard i feel we must start trying to get back to some sort of norm soon however only if everyone feels safe enough to do so....fingers and toes crossed :) :) ps my raffle prizes are growing by the week lol

lyn

Do you thing there will be future meet ups. if so i will save some of the items i have in the loft and send them to postie near the date.

Do you thing there will be future meet ups. if so i will save some of the items i have in the loft and send them to postie near the date.
thats very kind of you pete....or better still maybe you could deliver them yourself:) its always good to see new faces and also new members..

as things stand and in the light of covid i have had to think very carefully about when our next meet up will take place with the health of our members being upper most in my mind....however i am still thinking that an easter meet up could happen if enough members are happy to attend.... i will have to contact the bull pub first to make sure that we are still allowed to hold a raffle...will get back to you all when i have more news

lyn

thats very kind of you pete....or better still maybe you could deliver them yourself:) its always good to see new faces and also new members..

as things stand and in the light of covid i have had to think very carefully about when our next meet up will take place with the health of our members being upper most in my mind....however i am still thinking that an easter meet up could happen if enough members are happy to attend.... i will have to contact the bull pub first to make sure that we are still allowed to hold a raffle...will get back to you all when i have more news

lyn
i am a old member and have a old face:grinning:

lyn
Is the Bull Pub on Loveday Street? I may attend if I am free that day.

hi folks as covid has clearly not gone away i will not be arranging a forum meet up for this easter...i know you will all understand that i just cant take the risk of being responsible for any member coming down with it or worse still not surviving it...however i think we should maybe look at the situation later in the year...

stay safe my friends and take care

lyn x

Very sensible Lyn. My wife and I were invited to a pub lunch in Worcestershire for a small reunion on Thursday 31st March. For various reasons we declined. Three other couples did attend. To date, all 3 men have tested positive. They are each in their early eighties. Hopefully, they will only get mild symptoms but you never know at that age.

Very sensible Lyn. My wife and I were invited to a pub lunch in Worcestershire for a small reunion on Thursday 31st March. For various reasons we declined. Three other couples did attend. To date, all 3 men have tested positive. They are each in their early eighties. Hopefully, they will only get mild symptoms but you never know at that age.
Good move Dave! I had it in February and had all three shots. It took about 9 days to feel better and another 3 to test negative. My wife and I who go everywhere together, sailed right through!

hi folks hope you are all well....just a little message to say that due to obvious reasons there will be no forum meet ups for at least the rest of this year but please save all your little unwanted nic nacs for future raffle prizes...in the words of arnie..."WE WILL BE BACK" :) ..stay well stay safe

lyn x
Is it time to think of a "meet up soon?"

Nick ‍♂️.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back