• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Stechford Road Junior School

i am moving this thread to the correct section of the forum which is schools

Thanks for that transfer to the correct thread. I'm not a new member though, having posted several photos previously of the Pavilion Bowl, Wylde Green.
yes i can see you joined in 2015 however your signature title of new member will remain until you have made x amount of posts...not sure how many that is but its not a lot...it will then change to a forum generated new signature... but you are at liberty to go into your settings and change your signature to whatever you want

lyn

I could well be in that photo - although I don't recognise myself. Could be bottom left, or the lad behind. And I certainly can't recall the name 'Kesterton'.

Although, to be fair, even at that age, I never paid much attention. :D

I could well be in that photo - although I don't recognise myself. Could be bottom left, or the lad behind. And I certainly can't recall the name 'Kesterton'.

Although, to be fair, even at that age, I never paid much attention. :D
I must be somewhere on that photo, although my eyesight isn't what it was. Remember Mt Kesterton well.

Stechford Road Junior School - Summer 1955. We played in a league for schools in East Birmingham, involving a trip on the No. 55 to the Capitol Cinema, Alum Rock. After that a walk up Woodwells Road brought us to the entrance to Ward End Park on Sladefield Road, where all our games were played. As I recall we were the winners that year.

Stechford Road Junior School - Summer 1955. We played in a league for schools in East Birmingham, involving a trip on the No. 55 to the Capitol Cinema, Alum Rock. After that a walk up Woodwells Road brought us to the entrance to Ward End Park on Sladefield Road, where all our games were played. As I recall we were the winners that year.
Am I right in thinking that is Mr Jones standing with the team.

Spot on. Next to Mr Jones is Trevor Hare. Seated below him is Ronnie Flint and I am between him and the keeper who I think was Richard Davis and also the captain.

I can see Janet Ward my best friend on the initial photo. Does anyone remember Raymond Ward, Joyce Ward, John Ward or James Ward who all went to this school?

Last edited:
Back