• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Arthur Vickers VC

Thanks Alan. I think John Vickers was my gt gt grandfathers brother. He was Robert Vickers. Need to check this out when I get home. Absolutely brilliant if so. Thanks again.

Arthur was the 4th child of John Vickers and Amy nee Kenedy. His siblings were William 1878, Richard 1879 Thomas 1880 Amy 1885 and Eliza (my friends Grandmother 1888. I have a lot of photos of him and was lucky enough to buy his VC cigarette card on e bay for my friend. Let me know if you want to know any more details.

Thomas Vickers 1880 is my maternal gt grandfather. As they were also in Aston I am sure we are talking the same family.

I managed to get the cigarette card on eBay yesterday too. Would love to see any Vickers related info you don't mind sharing.

Thanks again.

Good for you, how wonderful to have a VC in the family and to have a cigarette card with you on it. I am not related to the Vickers but have done research on the family for a friend who, as I said is a granddaughter of Eliza VIckers, sister to Thomas and Arthur. I would be glad to share information with you but it would be better to have your e mail address so we can communicate direct
Roz

Most of the images and attachments on this thread are no longer available, so posting these to add to the record. Viv.

8C0F958E-3063-48E8-8300-5A4154FB6B05.jpeg80B3AFD2-5A46-4D18-BE0E-61232B1041BA.jpegEE3C362C-5211-4A02-946D-4861BC72AF9C.jpegD4D0DE4E-F0AF-4629-A107-74A2DD32C2B4.jpegSource: British Newspaper Archive1C01A19B-D402-4CAB-878A-A47720CA43B8.jpeg
DA541C31-8278-4505-B1B1-903A306116E8.jpeg

Last edited:
I am delighted to see the photograph of Arthur Vickers VC on Remembrance Sunday. I am his great,great,great niece. Does anyone have any other photographs of Arthur Vickers, or, could anyone point me in the direction of where I could find more information on his battalion?

Thank you

Laura
Hello Laura I am also a relative

laura is now only a guest member so unless she re joins the forum will not be able to reply to you

lyn

Back