• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Queens Rd Aston

I walked past this brewery many time to and throw on Saturdays. Villa matches round trip to Nechells.Dek

Hi Pete, The People's Dispensary for Sick Animals has a thread on the forum that goes back to 2002. The one on Lichfield Road has been gone for years and they list two places now but which one they are located at I'm not sure. One is listed as Grosvenor Road, Aston and the other as Dulverton Road, Witton.

HI JENNEY;
I most certaily remember it as i only lived along the lichfield rd when growing up ;
and by coincidence my next door neibour jackie; whom was working there all way back in that time
when i got talking to her ; as you do asking where are you from and that kind of talk ;
when i said lichfield rd ; and she said cor blimmey ; when i was young i worked there as a assitant
to the vet ; and we moved across to grovener rd and i told her remember her and the vet
she was a young welsh girl at the time; it goes to show what a small world we are living in ; aint it
best wishes alan ; astonian

Image97.jpg

I lived in church lane and i had my first ever pint in the queens hotel, age 15 walked up to the bar and asked for a pint of mild with all my mates laughing behind me, if the gaffer didnt know i was under age he must have been barmy, i couldn't drink that mild now horried stuff !!!!!!

He visited IMI too. I think it must have been the same visit. My Aunt Floss is on the left working on the bullets. I wonder if there is some kind soul who could enlarge this for me please?.

Attachments

• m30.jpg
    m30.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 20
Back