• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Long gone shops

here here proper chips in dripping i dont use oil and a some large pickle onions.:yum:yum
:yum
its no good i have got to go and have a chomp.typing about it as made me hungry:grinning::grinning:

I remember going into the fish and chip shop , asking for four pennorth and onion vinegar please wow

Oh my. I do feel sorry for you and if we wasn't in Tier 1 I would suggest you all come over into Herefordshire where we have the best pork pies, sausages, bacon and fish and chips, and hot beef rolls, you don't know what you are missing, sorry !
Just make a list.............Its all about that home made taste!

I don't know about Birmingham but there was still one open on Piccadilly when I was last there at the beginning of the year.
They were in trouble financially a year or two ago and I think most of the branches were closed.
The last branch I went to was in Sutton about ten years ago, but my abiding memory is of Druckers being the only good bit of the Saturdays I spent dutifully following my Nan round the shops..

Last edited:
Canadian firm Sunrise Records emerged as the buyer of collapsed music chain HMV last year after the company collapsed into administration. However the deal came with a number of closures which have now been revised......

Today we announced the permanent closure of Radio Rentals stores, however Radio Rentals' business will continue to operate via our website. We are still here to manage your customer needs including any existing items you have on rent with us. In fact, Radio Rentals' online store is available 24/7 for your convenience.

Pete this amazes me it was only when I started to work at ERD Henrietta St that RR was part of Thorn Electrical Ind . There was quite a few companies within Thorn not only tv co's but firms like Crypto Peerless etc . Just like Hardy's was part of Philips Electrical .

Back