• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

A Tram to The Bullring Video

toolate4regrets

knowlegable brummie
Does anyone have a copy (or know where I can find one) of a 1974 BBC Programme called A Tram to the Bullring? ... the footage in that programme was also used in a 1989 BBC Programme narrated by Michael Buerk called Birmingham . The BBC have apparently lost/never kept copies of either show!

i have moved this thread to the trams section of the forum where you may get a better response to your query

lyn

i have moved this thread to the trams section of the forum where you may get a better response to your query

lyn
Hi Lyn

Thank you... I am still not totally sure if the title was more to describe a journey to and around the Bull Ring or whether a tram was actually involved at all... it may have just sounded catchy :) All i know is it used 1930s amateur footage of Brum

Yes I have the Part 2 video, but I can't find it on youtube it was called
Another look at Birmingham's Trams and Buses

Last edited:
Does anyone have a copy (or know where I can find one) of a 1974 BBC Programme called A Tram to the Bullring? ... the footage in that programme was also used in a 1989 BBC Programme narrated by Michael Buerk called Birmingham . The BBC have apparently lost/never kept copies of either show!
70s/80s BBC would have viewed anything about Birmingham as a sop to “northern” licence payers, and keeping a copy of such things as a total irrelevance. “Regional” considerations amounted to creating outposts like Pebble Mill from which the patronising concept of “local” programmes was broadcast. If it wasn’t Londoncentric it didn’t count.

Not changed much in 50 years, we’re still paying the licence fee.

Last edited:
Back