• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

City Centre Photographs

Yes! Fox furs and feather boas purchased in the rag market. Alongside second hand old crepe dresses, cut on the bias, that were made in 30's .

• Appreciate
Reactions: cba
Yes! Fox furs and feather boas purchased in the rag market. Alongside second hand old crepe dresses, cut on the bias, that were made in 30's .
Oh my word, I am going to love this thread I have just found. I am smiling so much my face hurts and I have only looked at a few pages. The photos are fab, thank you all. Sue

Oh my word, I am going to love this thread I have just found. I am smiling so much my face hurts and I have only looked at a few pages. The photos are fab, thank you all. Sue
You might find some pics to smile at in the thread below .... it all started when I saw a bloke pushing a pram in 1940 ... ;)

You might find some pics to smile at in the thread below .... it all started when I saw a bloke pushing a pram in 1940 ... ;)
Hi oldMohawk, Thank you so much for the link, will enjoy this thread I am sure. Great photo. Funnily enough I know the Beeches pub and the surrounding area. Obviously a bit different in modern day, in more ways than one. Regards Sue

The stamp dealer on Needless Alley was The Norfolk Stamp Co

I remember this shop in the 70s & 80s as West End Stamps run by Simon - who still sells at shows in Dorridge and the Irish Centre
My late father, Stewart Hughes, initially owned the West End Stamp Co after taking it over from the Norfolk Stamp Co, and sold the business to Simon I believe in the early 1980's. He is visible in the attached 1974 photo.

Attachments

• Needless Alley 2.jpeg
    Needless Alley 2.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 46
Picture I took circa 2007. Canon Street, with my mother and two of my children in frame.

Canon-St.jpg

Where are the THREE GOLDEN BOYS??/

Attachments

• 53083471_1712825778817451_4145818681131139072_o.jpg
    53083471_1712825778817451_4145818681131139072_o.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 8
Back