• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Group photos

We often formed groups on special days ... the weather was chilly as I remember it.
A family photo showing children in Cavandale Avenue Coronation 1953. Even the children's bikes and toy prams are decorated. How we liked our street events back then, I don't think we will see things like this these days, but I might be wrong.
index.php

The lady looks like a councillor who has arranged for a newspaper to take a pic of her saying something important to the children. One lad has lifted his younger sister for a better view …

The lady looks like a councillor who has arranged for a newspaper to take a pic of her saying something important to the children. One lad has lifted his younger sister for a better view …
think i have this photo stating what is going on in this photo...bit busy today so i will have a look for it tonight and post if i can add anymore info to it

lyn

They paused for a photo ...
Easter Monday 1902 and volunteers digging at St Andrews Church pause for a photo.
index.php

There is a long thread about the church see link below. It was demolished in 1985.

I would have left in 1959 but probably some of these teachers would have been there in my days ,carnt say I remember those faces but probably would by name ,thanks for sharing
You may remember these on the back row,
Malcolm Neale, Harry Lees, Doris Mountford, Ron Lemon, Mr Hill, Irene Gould secretary.
on the bottom row on the right Miss Romayne Brown, she was lovely!

Malcolm Neale, Harry Lees, Doris Mountford, Ron Lemon, Mr Hill, Irene Gould secretary.
Those names certainly ring some bells, but how do I see the picture please Master Brummie ? I’d really like to see it

Found the photo, thank you once again, so nice looking back and now that I have names for faces it brings back lots of happy memories, thank you again

Were you in Mr Lemon’s class ? i was .I left in 1962, i can remember just a couple of other class mates .
long time ago now !
I left in 1959 ,and went onto Hodge Hill secondry I can still remember some of the teachers now I’ve seen the photo but carnt remember the class I was in ,I too can remember some of my classmates but as you say a long time ago now

The nursery round the corner from us uses an updated version to take the non-walkers out in the fresh air. In fact they have 2 they use. Pass our house most afternoons.
The walkers use a caterpillar with loops for them to hold on to.
Would love to post a photo but in this day and age of privacy rules I wouldn't be allowed.

Back