• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Things kids say.

Our grandson wanted to visit us at our b and b because the lady kept lots of kitchens. (chickens).
Nan never let mum live anything down as she said as a child, I got cataargh all over my shoe. (tar).

Presenter on radio this morning said he went shopping with his lad on Saturday and whilst looking around the veg. stall asking what they should have, his son asked him if he wanted any 'Man get out'. Of course dad hadn't a clue until he took him to it, and then explained it was a French word. Hope you've all got it.

My friend's daughter now 40, was learning a song from her Nan, when she was about 3 or 4, The oak and the ash and bonny rowan tree, are all a growing greener in my own (coun ter ee) country. Little Laura sang, The oak and the ash and the bunny rabbit tree.

Talking to the grand daughter about cooking her Nan said to her...he can’t cook. I said, “men are good cooks haven’t you seen them on the Tele?” She said, “yes but you would be no good cause you are a spilling person.”

Our granddaughter likes to wear her majarpers. And she likes to hear about the olden times when I was little.

Last edited by a moderator:
We were sitting round the table planning a day excursion by train. My wife commented that our youngest could go free because of her age. The discussion continued and we realised that the youngest was sobbing. "What's the matter?"
"You said there was nothing for me, so I can't come with you!"

My middle son had picked up the mild swear word from school and had been told off for using it, which really got up his nose. He fished out his cheap Tonka toy copies, which had the brand name "Buddy L", and from then on, whenever he felt like swearing, he would wander around clutching one of them muttering in a loud voice, "Buddy 'ell!, Buddy 'ell!, Buddy 'ell!" :)

Maurice :cool:

My middle son had picked up the mild swear word from school and had been told off for using it, which really got up his nose. He fished out his cheap Tonka toy copies, which had the brand name "Buddy L", and from then on, whenever he felt like swearing, he would wander around clutching one of them muttering in a loud voice, "Buddy 'ell!, Buddy 'ell!, Buddy 'ell!" :)

Maurice :cool:
My ex colleague who was very loose tongued, told me her little girl said to her, "aaaargh mum you said a square word!"

When my granddaughter was eight she told me that she had joined the choir at school they practised during the lunch break, then a couple of weeks later I asked how's the choir lessons going. She said I packed that in a few days ago all they do is sing I had no answer to that.

Our Grandchildren are here this week, they have ceated an imaginery restaurant and have been creating menus. Our Granddaughter asked could she use our stapelizer. And that her dad just said a curly word.

It's a strange restaurant as my 3 courses were only £1.50p but Granny's was £10.50. And we had to pay while we were eating, with invisible money, (they tried that one on me before,) but we gave a donation to charity. For the refurbishment, a new word for them and the needy.
They had been in town and there were lots of people begging and the granddaughter says I don't know if they were really needy or just scammy people that will just go off and buy drink with it, like daddy!

I switched on the TV to keep my little grand-daughter amused. It was in the middle of a wild-life programme. 'Grand-dad what are those?' she asked. Whales I replied. There was then a long pause and a puzzled look on her face. Eventually she said 'That can't be right - Great Granny lives in Wales'!

Back